[MOD] Legios

Welcome to the shipyards. Here you can discuss how to re-calibrate the positronic neutron flow to double power to the aft shields. Or you can discuss how to add new ships, new maps, new scenarios, new modules, etc. have fun!
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

[MOD] Legios

Postby Eich » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:48 pm

Download:

For future updates and download please check this topic:

http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6739

Install:
[1] Download
[2] Unrar
[3] Read the readme.txt... I'm dead serious
[4] Copy into your GSB Folder
[5] Play

Introduction:
Legios offers all dedicated players of GSB a new race with a lot of new content. The Legios scenarios are fast, brutal and gratuitous! Fight your way through grim basterds steering big ships with even bigger lasercannons.

Features of version 1.00:
[1] 10 ship models (3 Cruiser, 4 Frigates, 3 Fighter)
[2] 3 challenging scenarios
[3] a ton of new weapons (models + changed stats)
[4] new designed standart modules (models + changed stats)
[5] experimental tactical modules
[6] note: the power generators modules were switched to 'Engine' because 'Others' was just overloaded

Please report issues concerning:
[1] Weapon balancing
[2] Module balancing
[3] literal & grammatical flaws
[4] other mistakes

Scenarios:
[1] Skirmish for Legir VII
A vanguard of the Legios spacefleet has raided one of your mining colonies. They raped your women and stole your gold! You have to avenge the fallen and retaliate. It's time for this scum to bite the spacedust.

[2] Ambuscade at Krowan
After you trashed this pathetic vanguard and eaten most of the enemys corpses to gain their strenght you began your journey home. But these rotten basterds prepared an ambush. As we speak the enemy surrounds us to kill every men and mouse on board!

[3] The Devastation
To recover their honour as the elite of spacefaring races the bloody slayers of Legios destroyed a whole planet! They annihilate the homeplanet of the pacifists from the pax nebula. This is an outrage! You have to fly there immediately and kick some asses!

Screens:

Last edited by Eich on Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 18 times in total.
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
Hybrinoid
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: [MOD] Legios

Postby Hybrinoid » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:13 am

lol... you've got to be kidding me... the four letters/numbers i had to type in before downloading were GSB2. What are the odds?! XD
My Gratuitous Youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/hybrinoid
hopefast
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Postby hopefast » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:58 am

They look terrific. XD
Can I Reproduced them to the Chinese forum?
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:56 am

@ hopefast,

well you can post them there if you can write in chinese ;) But you are also allowed to do so, this would be a nice support for the mod ;) You can also post the downloadlink for the actual mod, this would be twice as good ^^
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
hopefast
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Postby hopefast » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:43 am

Thank you very much
In fact,I am a Chinese ^^
So I English is not good...
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:15 am

@ Hybrinoid,

well, if I'm right then the odds were 1:82 251

--> (39 !) / ((4 !) * (35 !)) = 82 251

Not bad ;)
Hybrinoid
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Hybrinoid » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:00 pm

ah, well i'm still a bit surprised that those were the initials.
My Gratuitous Youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/hybrinoid
beserko
Type I Robot
Type I Robot

Postby beserko » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:02 am

Very, very excellent mod! Been useing it all day. You are to be commended. Thank you very much, the graphics are outstanding

What is a victima weapon?
RRRacerX123
Type I Robot
Type I Robot

Postby RRRacerX123 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:01 am

Nice mod indeed. I sure I be playing this all night.
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:46 am

Thanks guys, nice to get some positive feedback ;)
The Victima weapon is a special weapon designed only to be used in the frigate called 'Victima' (which has enough produced energy to support the weapon). Also there is one engine which does not need any crew. With these 2 modules the frigate can operate, and devastate everything, but with only ~50 Hitpoints the Victima is destined to be destroyed very quickly ;)

PS: I've just released version 0.81, with some hotfixes and advanced beta features ;)
RRRacerX123
Type I Robot
Type I Robot

Postby RRRacerX123 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:12 am

Hey I beat the Assault at Krowan 8 on Normal with the Tribe and the Empire. I tried Hard, I couldn't beat it. :(
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:58 am

Not bad, not bad ;) I will have to stop modding and start playing if I don't want to bear the shame of not winning against my own fleet ;) So Racer, if I'm allowed to call you Racer ^^, what do you think? I don't know how other scenarios are made but on normal the Legios fleet has like ~18.000 points deployed, on hard ~20.000 and on expert ~24.000. As you could see you have had only 20.000 points to distribute yourself. Maybe I should go up to 30.000?
And did you sense any problem concerning the strength of my fleet? What did you think was too powerfull?
RRRacerX123
Type I Robot
Type I Robot

Postby RRRacerX123 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:53 pm

Sure you can call me that. :) I think that maybe go up to 25 or if anyone is having trouble beating it go up to 30. The fleet is strong, but I didn't sense any problems with it. :) Nor it is overpower like the Tribe. I hope you make some more soon. :D
singh
Line Supervisor
Line Supervisor

Postby singh » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:31 pm

The Megaupload page says that the file is currently unavailable. Any chance you can put it up elsewhere for dl? :(
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:03 am

@ Singh

Well, hm yeah this might be a problem of megaupload because of heavy traffic. Just try it another time if possible. I just tried a minute ago and it worked perfectly fine. If nothing else will help I will upload the game on modDB as an alternative link. But because it's more convenient for me, please deal with megaupload for the time being, at least it's better than rapidshare ;)

@ Racer

When I'm done with a new background, the new (beta) scenario will follow not long after that ;)

Return to “Gratuitous Modding”