Anyone in a band?

General discussion about Rock Legend, including tech support requests and game feedback
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:41 am

I'd feel silly wearing leather trousers now. Plus I have only a tiny fraction of my hair from those days ;(
RichB
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby RichB » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:12 pm

Yup, I'm in a band. I play Guitar, Harmonica and do backing vocals, although not at the same time obviously!

I've been told that at 27, we're too old to get famous! Still, we're doing alright. :wink:

I don't mind loading/unloading all the kit, we use the smallest amps we can. You can keep your massive marshall stacks, Roland Cube 60 for me thanks!

Despite all the lousy promoters, poor venues, trouble getting paid (in the south-east) and the sleeping in the van, I wouldn't give it up for the world!

Cheers,

Rich

PS, if you want any music for the game, any samples of any instruments, give me a shout!
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:04 pm

marshall stacks are a bit overpriced I reckon. give me a fender amp any day. I never had a marshall stack, just a hi-watt head and 4x12, but the band persuaded me to paint the 4x12 grid black so it matched the marshalls. heathens!
Prosayist
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Postby Prosayist » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:46 pm

Ultra-Axe guitar and Muffins stacks :D
Rock on!
-Dan
jvfreaky74
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

I am in a band

Postby jvfreaky74 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:49 am

Cliff:

I am in a band called Chained Miaden here is the myspace link:

http://www.myspace.com/chainedmaiden1

Jess
:twisted:
MMAX
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

Postby MMAX » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:18 pm

I was in the school choir, and for a few moments an all girl band. I do play keyboards, drums, congas, bongos, tambourine and maracas. Took piano lessons for three months (although I knew already from reading a book and so) and I learned drums by ear.
vindex
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby vindex » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:57 am

A friend of mine from college has been in a series of ska bands (yes, she's 36 like me, and she's STILL in a band!). Playing Rock Legend is like reliving the stories she has told me over the years. All of it checks out ... well, except for the success part.
Gustav_Wind
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Re: Anyone in a band?

Postby Gustav_Wind » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:58 pm

Played more-or-less professionally when I was in my 20s. Made a few records (before CDs), toured the US east coast, opened for REM and The Bangles. But we never really made enough money and didn't the connections to break out of the club scene so I got a day job.

Still play bass for fun and occasional small profit. I've played all styles from punk to funk to metal to blues. But I never had the success in real life like I get in KRL. It's alot more fun and alot less hassle.
Mehmet
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby Mehmet » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:39 pm

Yep, I'm the singer but I don't buy the band's equipment, fortunately :) Have been singing for about 16 years now and if I live to see the day, I'll be singing till I'm old enough to forget the first three albums to save space :)

My band has two albums, too many bad studio memories, lots and lots of extra fat (although the Lead Guitarist lost some weight so we average normal) and a tendency to over-drink and loudly rockstar about.

I hope it is OK to give links; here are some samples.

Cheerio!
Food
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

Postby Food » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:19 am

I'm a drummer. Been in club bands for the past decade or so. Most recently, I was the drummer for the Hands of Time from three years. Here are a couple youtubes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAgV7Qvr69U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHWXRwRdNDQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbAPZLmgVbk

The club-band experience is captured excellently in Rock Legend. I try to get my musician friends into it, but they're too broke.
SandraStarling
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby SandraStarling » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:29 pm

Yes I play bass in a band called Too Much Information (TMI) out of Tucson Az. We play rock, pop, oldies, and originals. More info @ www.tmi-band.com

Return to “Rock Legend (General)”