Game updated to version 1.13

General discussion about Rock Legend, including tech support requests and game feedback
salaena1000
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

Postby salaena1000 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:14 pm

cliff ever since i dnloaded n installed vers 1.1 i keep having crashes when im in the mini game practising.. can you check what is wrong in the code there please n see if u can fix it the game is unplayable for me as it keeps crashing now.
Dirwulf
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Adding to the Cacophony

Postby Dirwulf » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:54 pm

I've been playing the game since it was released. I had no idea the mini-game even had sound, though I did find it odd that it didn't. I am using a Soundblaster Live 24-bit. I installed the new drivers that were made available 6/25. I'm not sure what the fix is to get the sound to work, but I thought I would add to the people with SB's who have no sound. I'm really enjoying the game anyway. I just wish that one dude wouldn't quite before the big gigs leaving me in the red for the last few months of time lol.

I own Kudos too so when I tried the demo, I only lasted a few minutes before I had to buy it. You make fun, simple, "I can drink a beer and play this game" games. Thanks for the hours of enjoyment Cliff. I'm an old school gamer too. 43 years old!! Finally living my Rock Star dreams lol.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:03 pm

I updated the game today with a probably sound fix, so if you have time, download it again and let me know if that fixes it (version 1.11)
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:52 pm

1.12 is new version, redownload to get it.
Dirwulf
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby Dirwulf » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:39 pm

For some reason I can't post...

I was getting a crash on 1.11. I'll try 1.12 when I get home tonight.

Haha...it won't let me post the error message...maybe it thinks its a virus or something?

FMOD error! (55) (failed playsound) A call to a standard sound card driver failed, which could possibly mean a bug in the driver or resources were missing or exhausted. :..\GUI_sounds.(cpp) 306 (There are no more files.
)

It wouldn't let me post the file name GUI_sounds.(cpp) without adding the () around the cpp
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:53 pm

Dang, that's two people who have this. I hate sound cards :D
Was it the very first sound it tried to play? or any specific sound? I should point out that this isnt a really dopey mistake by me, it is working fine here on my test machines. it must be a card specific thing, but I should still be able to fix it.
Any more information, or snippets from debug files are most appreciated.
Dirwulf
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby Dirwulf » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:45 pm

I was just clicking through the player portraits when the crash happens. You can click on any menu buttons about 60 times and then the crash occurs. Creative updated their drivers on 6/25, after like2 years, so I don't know if its the new drivers or what. So I guess its just playing the defult opening song when the crash occurs? I actually don't recall any sound playing at all, it just crashed after about 60 menu clicks. I'll test more with the newer version when I get home from work. I looked in the debug text, but I'm no programmer so I didn't see anything in it that looked like a crash log/error message, but I will send/post that as well later. Thanks Cliff.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:29 pm

It sounds like creatives drivers are just....poor. I've been talking to the people who make the sound engine, and may have a solution, so I'll put together a test version of the game to see if that fixes, and email it to those affected.
Exzar
Line Manager
Line Manager

Postby Exzar » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:15 am

Why is the install file and the game executable named the same? It took me forever to figure out it wouldn't install because I was trying to install the game in the same folder as the install file.
Rocky
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Rocky » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:31 am

cliffski wrote:Dang, that's two people who have this. I hate sound cards

And I'm the other one !

Read about posting error messages after sending the email to you , sorry :oops:

Same/similar prob as Dirwulf. Selecting, or trying, to choose a player. The gui cursor and game just froze. Didn't count mouse clicks tho.

btw, the zip you sent is missing the fmodex.dll :shock:

I re-installed 1.11 and all was fine :D
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:57 am

fine as in fixed, with sound happening ok and no errors? I have an alternate fix if that one didn't work.
Dirwulf
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby Dirwulf » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:38 pm

1.12 crashes the same for me.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:40 pm

anyone who is available to try a replacement .exe of the game, who currently experiences the crash (and has the full version) please email me at cliff@positech.co.uk
Rocky
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Rocky » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:15 pm

cliffski wrote:fine as in fixed, with sound happening ok and no errors?

If that's in answer to
what I wrote:I re-installed 1.11 and all was fine

then Yeah :lol:

It's only ver 1.12 that I'm having/had any probs with.

Should I send that email ?
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:06 pm

Rocky, I just emailed you 1.13, which i think is the same one I emailed you earlier, (but wasn't labelled 1.13). It should fix everything and run fine, can you let me know if it does, and if so, I'll roll that out as the new version to everyone. basically it used software sound mixing rather than relying on creative's buggy drivers :D.

Return to “Rock Legend (General)”