Modding a Country

Discuss how to make your own events, policies and dilemmas, even whole new missions for the games
TiCi
Line Supervisor
Line Supervisor

European Union

Postby TiCi » Mon May 01, 2006 10:59 pm

I have completed a mod for a new country - the EU, you can download it from here: http://www.e-amiga.com/tici/European_Union.zip (1,5MB)

Here is a picture of the background:

I would like to note some issues about modding EU. First, we all know that EU is very far from being a real country, so I presumed that the year is 2012 and that some kind of european constitution has been passed which makes the EU some sort of a federation with a centralised government. The statistics were taken from the Eurostat website, as for the policies, I speculate (taking into account the current situation) that the EU of 2012 will be a strong economy that will rely on tough import quotas and huge subsidies for local economy. I also assume that there will be liberal issues (biometric ID cards), so the player is faced with angry Liberals right from the start.

Bear in mind, that this is my first mod and that I intend to improve it as soon as I will have a better understanding of the files.

Feedback is welcome!
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Tue May 02, 2006 7:04 am

an excellent idea!, I can mirror the files on my site if you want to save bandwidth? The auto-updater is having problems with some large files so I can't add it to that right now.
TiCi
Line Supervisor
Line Supervisor

Postby TiCi » Tue May 02, 2006 7:32 am

It would be nice if you would put the files on your site, they are currently on my mom's company server...
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Fri May 05, 2006 10:16 am

Done:

http://www.positech.co.uk/democracy/European_Union.zip

I wont add it to autoupdater yet as the filenames need changing if you will have both portugal and the EU together (they both use the number 13). I shouldn't have used consecutive numbers, that was of course very silly!
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Sat May 06, 2006 12:20 pm

Ok, I renumbered the files, redid the flag to be more consistant and added this new country to the autoupdater.
DreamTwister
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

mod

Postby DreamTwister » Wed May 31, 2006 5:21 am

I have created Estonia mission mod
You may want too look at it and check whether it is accurate enough.

http://www.esnips.com/web/democrmods
masked_marsoe
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Postby masked_marsoe » Wed May 31, 2006 12:27 pm

A New Zealand mod is also under development, when I have more time to iron out the figures. :)
hardy24
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Postby hardy24 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:52 am

Just tagging this on to the end of this discussion. But I was wondering if it was possible to create a new country with election promises automatically in place. Also, not neccesaryly with a full term, first go round.

I ask because, was thinking about creating some new "scenarios" where by in a less stable country a group consisting of military top brass and the social elite have just had the president/prime minister assasinated. You were his vice/deputy and have just been sworn in, with the backing of these groups, but on the condition that you a) keep military spending high and b) keep income tax relatively low. And first go round you may only have half a term.

To stay in power you have to both keep the groups that put you in power happy, but there influence only reaches so far, so you'll have to win 51% come election day.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:12 pm

unfortunately this isn't stuff you can easily do right now, I should have exposed a lot more variables for modders when I made it ;( I have grand plans to make a much mroe moddable version, but they are far off ;(
hardy24
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Postby hardy24 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:40 pm

Okay, been thinking about this, would it be possible to instead of having election promises from the start, to have custom situations like the debt crisis , that act in the same way, and will only go away once you've done what the influential groups wanted you to do. So one that tracked military spending, and if it went below a certain point certain groups would be up in arms, and it would be the only thing that they cared about. Obviously that solution would be dependent on some how making sure it didn't come up in other games, otherwise it could have some unexpected outcomes in those other games.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:58 pm

you can certainly engineer the numbers so that a particular event is already triggered at the games start, and also that only a single group are affected by that event yes. Most of the games do start with a crtain number of events pre-triggered, but this isn't scripted, its a natural outcome of the setup of those events, and the distribution of population for that country.

Return to “Modding (democracy 1)”