[Fixed 1.39][Improvement] research queue

Please check bugs are not already reported, or listed as a pending fix!
newboerg
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

[Fixed 1.39][Improvement] research queue

Postby newboerg » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:21 pm

When you've got a research queue going and set some tech to "research now" the current tec gets removed from the queue
Well, i guess it should be added on top.
TontoMcTavish
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Re: research queue

Postby TontoMcTavish » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:44 pm

Not sure if thats a bug or intended but either way I agree it would be more helpful it it nudged it back to the top of the queue.
MrFriendly
Line Supervisor
Line Supervisor

Postby MrFriendly » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:29 am

Well the way that it is worded now AND the way it works is that when you click research now it drops researching what it was working on and immediately switches to what you newly asked it to research. The button does not indicate add to top of queue. I understand that may be what you wish it were doing and I suppose a Add to Top of Queue button could also be added.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:47 pm

I agree that this is confusing, and that it should leave the existing tech as something that is then top of the queue... I'll make a note to change it.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:36 pm

This is in the next build now :D
MrFriendly
Line Supervisor
Line Supervisor

Re: [Fixed 1.39][Improvement] research queue

Postby MrFriendly » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:06 pm

So now there will be no way to fast track research that you need to get done immediately. At least by pre-empting currently running reseach that is. I guess the gist of it will be that if you set some long running research going there is no way to get around it except by waiting till its done.

I liked the ability to pre-empt something you are researching to get something else going that is very important and come back to the other item later. Seems like a better idea would be to queue the new item as current research and push the current item down to the top of the queue rather that just take it off the research queue altogether like was done before. But this is merely my two cents worth.

Return to “Bug Reports”