[Fixed 1.25][Bug 1.24] Game Crash

Please check bugs are not already reported, or listed as a pending fix!
HomicidalHousePlant
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

[Fixed 1.25][Bug 1.24] Game Crash

Postby HomicidalHousePlant » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Attached save game crashes within a few moments of loading with or without any input. Originally occurred when placing a resource conveyor.
This began before and has continued after my update to 1.24.

EDIT: Will sit there happily and let me build while paused, but will still crash after a moment or two of running the simulation.
Attachments
crashlog.zip
(683.88 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Re: [Bug 1.24] Game Crash

Postby cliffski » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:32 am

Thanks! I just got it to crash as you described, so I'll be working on identifying this problem today. Sorry its happening. Nice factory layout BTW :D
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Re: [Acknowledged][Bug 1.24] Game Crash

Postby cliffski » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:45 pm

edit: I can see the exact bit of the layout causing the crash, and can fix it with some edits, I'm just not 100% sure exactly how its causing the crash... FWIW the loop between the axels and the drive shaft where you have 'crossroads' is what is somehow causing the crash :(
Still investigating...
HomicidalHousePlant
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby HomicidalHousePlant » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:26 pm

cliffski wrote:FWIW the loop between the axels and the drive shaft where you have 'crossroads' is what is somehow causing the crash :(
Still investigating...

I removed that section and directly connected them with no loops.. Still crashes :( Would you mind shedding some light on the edits you performed to get it to work pretty please :)

cliffski wrote:Nice factory layout BTW :D

nutbarz
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Postby nutbarz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:50 pm

For what its worth, Ive had some crashes today when placing crossroad conveyors while running in low, Med, and High Speed today. Its typically where I have the end of a Loop, and add another station to it. The New Conveyor is getting put down when it crashes, and a car may be trying to cross it. Not sure if this will help the troubleshooting at all.
HomicidalHousePlant
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby HomicidalHousePlant » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:56 am

nutbarz wrote:For what its worth, Ive had some crashes today when placing crossroad conveyors while running in low, Med, and High Speed today. Its typically where I have the end of a Loop, and add another station to it. The New Conveyor is getting put down when it crashes, and a car may be trying to cross it. Not sure if this will help the troubleshooting at all.

Is it all in the same expansion area? I can build conveyor loops all over the shop, and have since I managed to get past my original error - but just not in one particular expansion area.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:44 am

I'm 99% sure I fixed this late last night BTW. So expect a fix in the next build. I certainly can load up that save game and it runs just fine now (without any changes). I need to do a bit more testing to be sure that hasn't broken anything else, but I don't think it will have.

Return to “Bug Reports”