Coming to a production line near you

Discussion for how to mod the game, and posts of work-in-progress and completed mods
graphite
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Coming to a production line near you

Postby graphite » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:22 pm

I hope we get some info on modding side of things in the near future. Most of it looks straight forward apart from the sprite sheet layout and how it's read.

Thanks go to fat32dutch who will be working with me on this project for this great model of an aussie icon.

One of mine, not the theme that I'm going for but we'll see, might repurpose it or start on a Model A or T if I can find the right blueprints and time.

cheers all.
KatherineOfSky
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Re: Coming to a production line near you

Postby KatherineOfSky » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:12 am

WOW! That yellow taxi is glorious! The lines are just exquisite: reminds me of streamlined locomotives.

Looking forward to your mod! :D
Playing building games: https://www.youtube.com/c/KatherineOfSkyGaming
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:23 pm

The spritesheet stuff is actually optional, in that its done purely for performance reasons. Eventually I'll release a tool, but there is no reason why you have to pack all of the car components into a single texture.
its low priority now, but I will put together a comprehensive doc eventually on how all the elements fit together and what formats you need etc. Almost everything is in text files so its pretty easy.
Tazzer93
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Tazzer93 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:28 am

Just did some dinging to see if i could, it is just as you say just text files and now Production Line has come to the new age with Self-Driving Cars.

Vehicular Automation Equipment.png
Vehicular Automation Equipment.png (27.46 KiB) Viewed 2736 times

Any one who wants this to have a look too:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0gsR01ZpBUWOVVFUnlRWkY0V00?usp=sharing
H8ff0000
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby H8ff0000 » Sat May 13, 2017 9:20 pm

Tazzer93 wrote:Just did some dinging to see if i could, it is just as you say just text files and now Production Line has come to the new age with Self-Driving Cars.

Vehicular Automation Equipment.png

Any one who wants this to have a look too:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0gsR01ZpBUWOVVFUnlRWkY0V00?usp=sharing

So you modded this into the game? This, or something like this, should definitely be added to the game! Self-Driving Cars, and many of the other innovations from Tesla, are what I would be most interested in researching and building, please!
avsbes
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby avsbes » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Maybe also add electric engines in the late game. thus would be completely different from normal engines, so you had to produce them in different production steps etc.
maybe also add hybrid motors for thus you had to build both engines in a car but they would have ahigher value ?

Return to “Modding!”