Ui scale/text

Ideas for gameplay improvements and changes. NOT bug reports!
Big_Boy
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Ui scale/text

Postby Big_Boy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:29 pm

Hey Cliff,

I'm wondering if it is possible to change the scale on the UI or user text that is better readable.

I play on a QWHD and the text is so small to read it well and is confusing.

Greetz
MurkeyWater
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Re: Ui scale/text

Postby MurkeyWater » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:14 pm

This would be a huge help, eyes are not as good as used to be and the text can really make you strain.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:09 pm

Its on my long term list. the game has a ton of code in it already to try and not hardcode things to a specific font size, although it probably still involves a ton of work, because then every single UI element becomes the wrong size...and its just a nightmare. Its only really possible to do a totally scaled UI if all of your art is vector graphics, or the whole engine is designed that way from day one.
I agree it would be lovely though...
Hawat
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Hawat » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:36 am

I have the same problem, cant see/read the tiny text and ui properly so I cant play without sticking my face to the screen, needless to say that I cant play very long like that before headache and teary eyes occurs.
Since more very high resolution screens are going to be released in the future at affordable price, more people are probably going to have similar problem too when this game gets out of early access.

Return to “Suggestions”