Suggestion: Depots

Ideas for gameplay improvements and changes. NOT bug reports!
mattz0r
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Re: Suggestion: Depots

Postby mattz0r » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:16 pm

Larger stockpiles not help? You could effectively have a custom sized stock pile, if it was "stretchable upon placement". This means you could purchase one of the expansion units and just make it a whole supply stockpile, with a stock limit of something crazy.
TontoMcTavish
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Postby TontoMcTavish » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:32 pm

You could essentially create a depot with a stockpile I agree.

In my scenario this still wouldn't help with getting the resources in quick enough though. The issue i'm starting to get is demonstrated in the screenshot below. I have importers that aren't particularly busy nearby to where the resources are required. They aren't however being utilised as the route planning dismissed them as being too far away.

So turns out I can't add the screenshot as the forum Quota is full?? Bu basically there's about 12 slots all attached up with 3 resource importers, 2 are queuing 40+ items and one is queuing 2.

In other areas though I simply don't have the number of resource importers to get the resources in quick enough. Even if I could stockpile before running the factory that would help with sudden bursts of traffic but that doesn't happen in the factory, it's a constant stream so the stockpile would be used up for the excess and then I'm stuck back with resource importers being that busy with supplying the slots I'd never be able to re-build the stockpile of resources, so it wouldn't solve the problem.
mattz0r
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Postby mattz0r » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:30 pm

You could upload your image to https://imgur.com and then link it.

I guess I've not really gotten to the point where I have a huge factory yet to be able to witness this fully, but I do get occasional bottlenecks which are just rediculous
TontoMcTavish
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Postby TontoMcTavish » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:24 pm

I'll try get some decent screenshots to demo.

Return to “Suggestions”