Side-impact airbags. Where should they go?

cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Side-impact airbags. Where should they go?

Postby cliffski » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:17 pm

I am thinking about where to add 'side impact airbags' on the production line. Door panels are already kinda a bottleneck, so I was thinking about fit rollcage? It sort of makes sense, and spreads out the upgrades quite nicely. Any thoughts?
Big_Boy
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Re: Side-impact airbags. Where should they go?

Postby Big_Boy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:37 pm

Sounds idd more logic when they are beign added on the rollcage. Mostely sideskirt airbags are placed in between the doors en windows so.
jpinard
Type I Robot
Type I Robot

Postby jpinard » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:15 pm

cliffski wrote:I am thinking about where to add 'side impact airbags' on the production line. Door panels are already kinda a bottleneck, so I was thinking about fit rollcage? It sort of makes sense, and spreads out the upgrades quite nicely. Any thoughts?

That would be fine, but I do have a thought. You don't have to balance every single station. You could intentionally make door panels a bottleneck so we need to split the line and have two of them. I do that with paint dryers already when I don't have them all upgraded. The line goes from 1 to 2 then back to 1.
mattz0r
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Postby mattz0r » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:08 pm

jpinard wrote:
cliffski wrote:I am thinking about where to add 'side impact airbags' on the production line. Door panels are already kinda a bottleneck, so I was thinking about fit rollcage? It sort of makes sense, and spreads out the upgrades quite nicely. Any thoughts?

That would be fine, but I do have a thought. You don't have to balance every single station. You could intentionally make door panels a bottleneck so we need to split the line and have two of them. I do that with paint dryers already when I don't have them all upgraded. The line goes from 1 to 2 then back to 1.

This ^

Return to “Alpha discussion”