1.16 now released. here are the highlights!

cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

1.16 now released. here are the highlights!

Postby cliffski » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:36 am

1.16 is now live. I screwed it up a bit, so re-uploaded it. If your cars production is VERY slow, re-grab it. Anyway.. here is whats new!

1) [Bug] Leaving the R&D screen no longer resumes a game if it was paused when you entered that screen.
2) [Bug] Loans now show, and charge the correct hourly interest, have higher rates, and are now never zero.

some people say that last one is still not fixed, so I may revisit it...

3) [Bug] Hotkeys no longer trigger when you are typing in a save game, or elsewhere within a text edit box.
4) [Feature] New production slots: Manufacture sunroofs, panoramic sunroofs,drive shafts, spoilers and engine blocks.
5) [Bug] Losing a connection to a resources source no longer sends busy production slots into an endless loop.

That last one is a long standing but rare bug, now hopefully finally gone.

6) [Bug] Fixed some poor routing choices by cars at junctions when they turned directly into a slot.

If you got used to having to leave an extra space before a slot to get the distribution right...that should be fixed now.

7) [Bug] Slot details window now stays put if you dragged it somewhere.
8) [GUI] Much smoother progress bars on production slot windows.
9) [Performance] Some optimisations of save game size.
10) [Bug] Fixed bug where achievements window might be wider than some screen resolutions.
11) [Bug] Fixed Graphical anomaly on main menu logo.
12) [Bug] Fixed incorrect market values shown on car stock feature data.
13) [Balance] Adjustment to the market value of car features.

That was quite a bid adjustment, so expect all car prices to be much higher now!

14) [GUI] Holding down the shift key when placing slots and facilities lets you place down multiple objects in succession.
15) [GUI] Added click sound when clicking on a supply stockpile.
16) [GUI] the details window for slots now has 'new' shown if there are researched but unpurchased upgrades.
17) [GUI] Level editor now has controls to adjust map size (clears map!) and also set starting cash.
18) [GUI] Choose mission screen now mouse-scrolls correctly and has buttons to delete custom maps.
19) [Feature] Added 'Emergency brake assist' as a researchable technology that allows an upgrade and new car feature.
20) [Feature] SUV body type is now researchable, and first-slots on a line now include a production scheduler GUI.

This is the obvious big new shiny thing. You can now decide what the production schedule for each body type is at the start of the line. Also note that for the time being, the cars are treated as identical by the economic simulation, but we will be expanding upon that at some point.

21) [Bug] Fixed some issues relating to deleting importers & supply stockpiles causing some slots to 'stick' when ordering resources.
22) [Feature] New music.
23) [Bug] Work timings for every slot no longer keep processing when paused now.

Hope you like the new version! Don't forget top vote on priorities.
darkensign
Line Manager
Line Manager

Re: 1.16 now released. here are the highlights!

Postby darkensign » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:13 pm

Some these changes look very exciting.

Also, first.
Bertie
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

Postby Bertie » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Not really a fan of the music - it's a bit 'bouncy' / random and 'sound effecty' and distracts from the game. I actually prefer the original (and have changed it back!). It could just be that I don't like the change as I've just tried Big Pharma and that's a similar style (which I've never bothered about), although it doesn't sound like it bounces around so much and the changes between the sounds are more gentle.
ProductionPie
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby ProductionPie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:06 am

Personally love the new audio. Nice and refreshing. Would be nice to possibly switch between the styles in the options.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:45 am

The next build will have 2 different music tracks, maybe even 3 by then. I plan to add enough variety to keep people happy :D
MicroVaio
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby MicroVaio » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:09 am

Dear cliffski,

I've installed the latest version but my problem would be that, the units only works when it's highlighted.... So if I begin the production Chassis ->
Body -> Paint etc. then production is always get stuck unless I highlight the proper unit, then I need to highlight the next one to see the progress bar work and continue the production.

Could you please take a look at this? Do anyone experienced the same?

Thank you and best regards,
MV

P.S.: me too prefer the first audio track, anyway the game is absolutely great! ;)
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:29 pm

hi, just redownload the installer and reinstall. it was a bug, there are posts about it being fixed in the bugs forum :D
MicroVaio
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby MicroVaio » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:16 am

cliffski wrote:hi, just redownload the installer and reinstall. it was a bug, there are posts about it being fixed in the bugs forum :D

Thank you very much! ;) You're awesome! :D
Big_Boy
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby Big_Boy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:36 pm

Would be nice to have a discord for the game, so we can talk with the dev :).

Return to “Alpha discussion”