does MOD of building data get imported?

Want to change the way the big pharma universe works? Have your own cool ideas for mods?... discuss them here!
Svadac
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Re: does MOD of building data get imported?

Postby Svadac » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:30 pm

SCHMID6SIG wrote:Also, I forgot I noted the buildings info before (no guarantee of accuracy!). there's a reason Tim used cells, hedge, and sbend... besides 'school', they are the only 2x1 buildings - lazy !!! (jk). "bwing" is 2x1, not 1x2... not sure how that matters exactly.

I think it refers to orientation of the building (like on the picture or viceversa).
orientation.png
orientation.png (46.6 KiB) Viewed 3426 times

SCHMID6SIG wrote:I got my MOD to work now - shows my modified buildings in game (from the MOD directory) and output_log.txt shows them loading as well.

Glad to hear you finally made it ;)
SCHMID6SIG
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby SCHMID6SIG » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:01 pm

Svadac wrote:I think it refers to orientation of the building (like on the picture or viceversa).
Yes, I agree that it does. But, I can see the game will rotate buildings (sometimes) when generating a factory layout.
So, I meant, I'm not clear on why having a 2x1 building vs a 1x2 matters. It WILL require a change on the "null" field for "connections".

The format appears to allow higher level (e.g. 2x3 or 4x4) buildings but I haven't tried it yet.
Svadac
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Postby Svadac » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:57 am

Look what I found:

screenshot_01_57_06 22-09-15.png
screenshot_01_57_06 22-09-15.png (331.23 KiB) Viewed 3422 times

Seems like an Easter Egg (intended or not). It requieres existant files and overwrites them at /GameData/Buildings folder, so backup is recomended.

About ten minutes for getting this:
BuildingSample.png
BuildingSample.png (674.14 KiB) Viewed 3422 times

I just have one single question... ¿How do I exit from there?

PS: Yes, buildings are rotated, but it's size (2x1 or 1x2) seems to be of use on this editor.
SCHMID6SIG
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby SCHMID6SIG » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:16 am

Svadac wrote:Look what I found: ...

I'm not sure what I'm looking at or how it was created.
There is a built-in Map editor?

"Shift S to save" ... maybe that is your exit?
Nensec
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby Nensec » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:20 am

Oh, you got the map editor to work? Whenever I loaded it up it never did anything besides showing me a box to fill in a name. Then again that was with version 1.00.00, haven't tried yet with current version.
If you want to load up the editor you need to edit the Settings.ini file a bit to enable debug mode:

Code: Select all

[DEBUG]
CHEATS=1

Then you can pop up a menu to the top right for shurtcuts using F1.
Looking at the code it is left ctrl, left shift and e at the same time (so ctrl-shift-e) once you are running in debug mode.

Anyway, by the looks of things this is just a map editor for creating building .data files, it doesn't appear to allow placing of machine data (and thus create .sav files). So if you want to add a scenario to your mod and need that you still need to load up the map, place stuff down, edit the .sav file to get rid of the data you just used. So making the map editor in the Big Pharma Editor will probably still be a plus on this since I can easily have the user choose to save just building data or create a scenario file from the same editor.
SCHMID6SIG
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby SCHMID6SIG » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:30 pm

Is there a step-by-step of how Svadac produced that?
Nensec
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby Nensec » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:49 pm

I got it working, you can't seem to make 'new' buildings with it just edit.
Add the setting I posted above to your config.ini file (~/Big Pharma/GameData/Settings/config.ini)

Code: Select all

[DEBUG]
CHEATS=1

Then once you load up the game hold left ctrl, left shift and e together to open up the editor.
Type in the name of the *.data file to load it up and go ahead and edit stuff.
Short video demonstrating some of the editor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op2Rs9QxJd4
I didn't save the map or tried out what happened in the .data file
SCHMID6SIG
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby SCHMID6SIG » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:45 pm

I had thought you probably meant Settings/config.ini file (instead of "Settings.ini") but I can't get it to work.
With or without F1 (which does nothing). I edited ~/Big Pharma/GameData/Settings/config.ini as shown, adding the 2 lines at bottom (or at top),
holding left ctrl, left shift and e together does nothing.
I noted in your vid you do it before even starting a game. I tried that as well as starting a game. Never get anything. Maybe it is some window size or other setting for me but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for taking the time to make the video though.
SCHMID6SIG
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby SCHMID6SIG » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:47 pm

I had thought you probably meant Settings/config.ini file (instead of "Settings.ini") but I can't get it to work.
With or without F1 (which does nothing). I edited ~/Big Pharma/GameData/Settings/config.ini as shown, adding the 2 lines at bottom (or at top),
holding left ctrl, left shift and e together does nothing.
I noted in your vid you do it before even starting a game. I tried that as well as starting a game. Never get anything. Maybe it is some window size or other setting for me but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for taking the time to make the video though.
Nensec
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby Nensec » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:41 pm

I don't know why it won't work for you, here is what I got in the config.ini and the in-game code that triggers it:
SCHMID6SIG
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby SCHMID6SIG » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:28 pm

I'll have to try it later - perhaps modify my "config.ini" to match exactly and/or make sure i've not bound "e" key to something else.
Does that image mean there is also a Debugger for ProductionGUI (F2) and for AIManager (F3)? (and add $ w/ F4)
Nensec
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby Nensec » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:34 pm

Yea, most of the debugging functions are shown when you hit F1 (you get a little dialog to the top right). It overlaps with the game's keybinds though, so not sure if this is something old that Tim used before adding in keybinds. Some things like F9 which instant completes a challenge, doesn't do much beside pop up the challenge dialog as it would when you win a challenge and says 'COMPLETE' rather than 'STANDARD', 'EXPERT' or 'MASTER'
Svadac
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Postby Svadac » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:33 pm

Nice tip, Nensec, but I've done something different for accesing the map editor without making any changes to the settings.ini file.
Nensec
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby Nensec » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:19 pm

Oh, you just edited a .sav file with editor:true ?
SCHMID6SIG
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby SCHMID6SIG » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:22 am

Nensec wrote:Oh, you just edited a .sav file with editor:true ?

That, DOES work for me. Now to create some horrifically challenging Buildings for a MOD....

Return to “Pharma Modding”