Marketing & Malpractice not installable

Problems with side effects? problems with the game? ask your tech support questions and submit bug reports here!
roidal
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Marketing & Malpractice not installable

Postby roidal » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi,

i bought Marketing & Malpractice at Humble Bundle but don't get a download offered. There is only a download for the base-game which seems not include features from the DLC.
Same on Steam (after using the Key from Humle Bundle). Marketing & Malpractice appear in the DLC-list but is grayed out and "Not installed".
Last edited by roidal on Tue May 03, 2016 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
TwiceCircled
Big Pharma Developer
Big Pharma Developer

Re: [Linux] Marketing & Malpractice not installable

Postby TwiceCircled » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:05 pm

OK this is really strange I will look into this. Sorry about this.
TwiceCircled
Big Pharma Developer
Big Pharma Developer

Postby TwiceCircled » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:35 pm

OK, fixed the issue on Steam. Sorry about that.

I will get my publisher to look into the missing download link via Humble.
roidal
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Postby roidal » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:48 pm

TwiceCircled wrote:OK, fixed the issue on Steam. Sorry about that.

No problem :)
Steam-version is working now.

TwiceCircled wrote:I will get my publisher to look into the missing download link via Humble.

Thanks!
The Kitchen Sink
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby The Kitchen Sink » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:53 am

I just purchased the Marketing and Malpractice expansion vis the humble widget on the big pharma home page, downloaded the drm free installer via the link provided and tried to use it to update my current big pharma install, the installer ran ok fired up big pharma but the expansion wasnt installed.

Big Pharma Version 1.04.00 (non steam)
Windows 10 X64

Marketing and Malpractice installer:
BigPharma_Marketing_and_Malpractice_Installer.exe 422kb MD5 c13a080d8afbd8ae0dd36556ecd33f27

Is this the same problem? (of a missing installer) I should also mention my base game was installed via the installer from BMT Micro
TwiceCircled
Big Pharma Developer
Big Pharma Developer

Postby TwiceCircled » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi TheKitchenSink, you need to upgrade the base game to the latest version for it to interface with the expansion properly. If you use the same link you originally downloaded the game with from BMT you should get the latest version (1.06.06).

I'm sorry I have not made this clearer. I'll add a note to the buy page. Let me know if you continue to have problems.
roidal
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Postby roidal » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:12 pm

Interessting. I still don't have an option to download the DLC from Humble Bundle.

PS.: It seems Linux-Version is still 1.06.05 at Humble Bundle.
Last edited by roidal on Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Kitchen Sink
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby The Kitchen Sink » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:15 pm

No Problem

all working now so thanks for that :)

prior to installing M&M i actually ran the base game to see if ther was any autoupdates for it (which it didn't notify me about/didnt try updating itself) - im not sure if that was by design or just bad luck on my part that it didnt pick up an update

Many thanks for you help and for created a great game (even if it doesn eat lots of my time)
TwiceCircled
Big Pharma Developer
Big Pharma Developer

Postby TwiceCircled » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:26 pm

You're very welcome The Kitchen Sink.

Right you are Roidal, standalone version is 1.06.05. Steam is 1.06.06 because there was a last minute Steam-only bug that needed fixing.

We've emailed Humble about fixing that link but unfortunately it's not something we can do at our end so it'll get fixed when their support guys can get round to it. They are normally pretty fast though.
TwiceCircled
Big Pharma Developer
Big Pharma Developer

Postby TwiceCircled » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:34 pm

Roidal, quick clarification, which of the following (if any) describes the issue at Humble?:
1. There is a link for the expansion but the file the link points to is just a copy of the base game instead of the expansion.
2. The link for the expansion just doesn't appear at all. There is only a link for the base game which you also own.

Seeing a screenshot would be tremendously helpful. Obviously you should cut out any sensitive information before posting.
roidal
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Postby roidal » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:05 pm

TwiceCircled wrote:We've emailed Humble about fixing that link but unfortunately it's not something we can do at our end so it'll get fixed when their support guys can get round to it. They are normally pretty fast though.

Sorry, it was not meant to stress, i wondered how Kitchen Sink was able to download the DLC :)

TwiceCircled wrote:Roidal, quick clarification, which of the following (if any) describes the issue at Humble?:
1. There is a link for the expansion but the file the link points to is just a copy of the base game instead of the expansion.
2. The link for the expansion just doesn't appear at all. There is only a link for the base game which you also own.

Seeing a screenshot would be tremendously helpful. Obviously you should cut out any sensitive information before posting.

Second one. There is only the base game in the library, conaining the link to the base-game only, and 2 steam-keys (basegame and DLC).
Attachments
hb.bp.png
hb.bp.png (111.02 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
palafox
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby palafox » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:24 pm

Same problem here with Humble Bundle and the installables for Windows:
- Just one link for the base game installable (version 1.6.05)
- Two Steam keys, for the base game and the DLC

Have placed a support request, but apart from some automatically generated answers, have received no response of real use for the time being (24 hours later).

roidal wrote:
TwiceCircled wrote:We've emailed Humble about fixing that link but unfortunately it's not something we can do at our end so it'll get fixed when their support guys can get round to it. They are normally pretty fast though.

Sorry, it was not meant to stress, i wondered how Kitchen Sink was able to download the DLC :)

TwiceCircled wrote:Roidal, quick clarification, which of the following (if any) describes the issue at Humble?:

Second one. There is only the base game in the library, conaining the link to the base-game only, and 2 steam-keys (basegame and DLC).
palafox
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby palafox » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:18 pm

Well, the download link for the DLC installable has finally shown up at Humble Bundle!
roidal
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Postby roidal » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:48 pm

palafox wrote:Well, the download link for the DLC installable has finally shown up at Humble Bundle!

Can confirm that!

Thanks @TwiceCircled.
TwiceCircled
Big Pharma Developer
Big Pharma Developer

Postby TwiceCircled » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:53 pm

Ah good, Humble must have got it fixed. The system works! ;)

Return to “Pharma Support”