My suggestions for a possible Democracy 2

Discuss the game here, strategy, opinions on policies, and tech support issues.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:47 am

a lot of these ideas are already in the next version :D
alexmack
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby alexmack » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:20 pm

Yeah I have the difficulty high anyway. Obviously this makes it more difficult to come in and totally change the regime quickly.

Glad to hear that there'll be some more stuff in the new one. The original game is fantastic, I'd never played anything like it before. Really looking forward to the new one, like I say I have no idea really about programming or game design, but I hope it becomes as big as Sim City!

Anyone remember Balance of Power on the Amiga?
AMD4EVER
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby AMD4EVER » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:11 pm

I haven't read previous suggestions but my request is simple to implement and critical to improving this game IMO. Instead of just having a sandbox type game where the only mission is to get re-elected provide a system that gives specific missions. Start someone off in the US depression or Germany post WWI where economies are terrible and have them rebuild. Or how about play Russia as they converted to Democracy. To throw in something else that would be interesting how about play the US during the Cold War with Russia and keep the US economy strong while maintaining strong Foreign Aid and Military to keep the Russian's at bay. There are all sorts of missions that could be put into place and a lot of other features that could be added on a per mission basis that would make the game more interesting in the long run.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:55 am

interesting ideas, cheers.
AMD4EVER
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby AMD4EVER » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:52 pm

Just to add another scenario that would interest me, how about a future where global warming is really kicking up and you not only need to create a Green economy, but a super green! Powerplants are being pushed to the brink due to overuse of air conditioners and health is a major issue. This would be a catastrophe to any government. It would be interesting to see if a democracy can even be maintained with this many problems hanging in the air.
Barry Unger
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Barry Unger » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:17 pm

I would really like it if the game up the count of non-Western democracies. I guess I'll run down a few that I feel should be essential

1) India
Reason: World's largest democracy, one of world's newly industrialized countries and contains interesting party dynamics (BJP, Congress, and Communists and others).

2) Taiwan
Reason: Young Democracy (first time presidential change of gov't occurred in 2000), extremely active electorate, faces active influence from China, and of course Independence Issue

3) Turkey
Reason: Extremely patriotic (can't insult Turkishness), Lively party competition between Seculars and Islamists, essential member of NATO, and potential member of EU

4) South Africa
Reason: Powerful regional actor, formidable economy, high unemployment, handling many issues like AIDs and Black African Economic Empowerment

Honorable mentions : Brazil, Mexico, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Nigeria, Liberia, Philippines, and Malaysia.
smithcraile
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Re: My suggestions for a possible Democracy 2

Postby smithcraile » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:28 am

The suggestions you have given here for Democracy are really amazing and these suggestions are very useful. I read your Democracy suggestions and i like this very much because its truly and perfect information. You have share very useful suggestions for Democracy.

Return to “Democracy 1”