Failed to locate texture:gui_user_congress.dds

Discuss the game here, strategy, opinions on policies, and tech support issues.
Fraq
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Failed to locate texture:gui_user_congress.dds

Postby Fraq » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:31 pm

when i start the united states game...it gives to me this error...Failed to locate texture:gui_user_congress.dds.....what do i have to do?
please answer me... :cry:
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Re: Failed to locate texture:gui_user_congress.dds

Postby cliffski » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:50 am

Hi, which version of the game do you have, and where did you buy it?
Cheers,
Fraq
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Fraq » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:01 pm

i bought the game in barcelona...sincerely i don't remember what was the original version...(think 1.00? maybe?) I know that i patched successfully the savegames problem...then i see that there were other problems with the audio...and so i canceled the two music files as you advice in a thread.....and then after the last patch... 1.4e....there's this problem with the US.....
thank for the help
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:43 am

If this is a retail version from long ago, its possible that the patches may not be compatible :(. I'd certainly recommend uninstalling and then reinstalling and patching from scratch to try that.
Fraq
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Fraq » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:56 am

done...but it's all the same....the US doesn't want to work!! i also tried to exchange the .exe after the 1.4e download the updates....(it's stupid i know but i'm desperate...)...i don't know really what to do...it's just i heard there are the midterms election and the congress....so i wanted to see that.....all the other games are always the same...and i played those ones for an excessive number of times.....please...do something....anyway if i had known...i would have bought the game online...even if i saw there's a difference on the price (17€ here and 9.99 at el corte ingles in barça...)....why don't you sell it in italy too?...uff.......anyway xcept for these matters...it's a damn good game...congrats and thank for the help!

Return to “Democracy 1”