Cures Tab Needs to Show Active Concentration Range

General forum for discussing cures, machines, agglomeration vs hadron colliders and other such pursuits...
SCHMID6SIG
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: Cures Tab Needs to Show Active Concentration Range

Postby SCHMID6SIG » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:22 pm

Cubit32 wrote:... I would'e preferred that it showed the active range before producing the cure, not just afterward. I don't understand why not to show the concentration range before producing the cure, as this is not a variable. By the time I have the next level cure, the information is obsolete because I'll have the production line planned out already,...

Agreed. However, as I note in the post below, the information IS available for a 1st level cure if you either a) start w/ the needed ingredient or b) discover the ingredient. You don't need to actually produce the cure for the required Cure Concentration to show, but for higher level cures, for some reason you do.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=13637
"V0.45.00 Cure concentration on cure tab - inconsistent?"
Omnirach
Line Manager
Line Manager

Postby Omnirach » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:27 am

SCHMID6SIG wrote:Agreed. However, as I note in the post below, the information IS available for a 1st level cure if you either a) start w/ the needed ingredient or b) discover the ingredient. You don't need to actually produce the cure for the required Cure Concentration to show, but for higher level cures, for some reason you do.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=13637
"V0.45.00 Cure concentration on cure tab - inconsistent?"

It's not inconsistent. In fact, making it so that you could see the cure concentration for cure levels you haven't made yet would make it inconsistent.

The reason that you can see the information for the 1st level cure when you start with it or discover it is because you know right off the bat what concentration it needs to be at. You don't know the 2nd level information at that point because you haven't actually see the 2nd level cure at all. Once you upgrade the cure, you can see the cure concentration and so it subsequently shows up in your cures tab when you hover over it.
It's the same for knowing what you need to upgrade a cure. When you don't have an ingredient, you don't know what it needs to upgrade. Once you have the ingredient, you can then see how to upgrade it to the 2nd level. You don't know what it takes to upgrade it to the 3rd level as you haven't seen the 2nd level cure until you actually upgrade to the 2nd level.

I really don't see how this is hard to understand...
YouTubes: http://www.youtube.com/Omnirach
Big Pharma Beta Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmHqsxb7lkxR07VQJumVPBkHF9wl2iiZC
Big Pharma Full Release Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmHqsxb7lkxQPFI-xg432jvoHZast_LmX
SCHMID6SIG
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby SCHMID6SIG » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:34 pm

Omnirach wrote: I really don't see how this is hard to understand...

It is not hard to understand. That was just noting a very minor inconsistency from a specific view point
(which is why the referenced post has " seems inconsistent (to me)" ).
That viewpoint being that the user has to take NO action for 1st level Cure Concentration to show if the
ingredient is discovered, but they do for 2nd level and above (i.e. run the ingredient into the required upgrade machine).
It is trivial, but spending one whole minute thinking on it, any change that required action for 1st
level cures to show Cure Concentration, would just hurt gameplay (e.g. user has to import the ingredient in
a port 1st).

The bigger issue (to me) in this thread is :

Cubit32 wrote:... why not to show the concentration range before producing the cure, as this is not a variable. ,...

One could argue that there is a sense of discovery by keeping it hidden until ingredients are discovered
or cures are upgraded to next level. However, it is in a readable file (for now anyway) and people who've played
already know the concentrations. The upgrade requirements for each cure are in the wiki and that's not known until
the game is played (i.e. it has to be "discovered"), so why not the Cure Concentrations?

========================================
To be pedantic about it (code for "probably wasting your time") :
Cure Concentrations (and next upgrade path) for 2nd level and above cures will pop up immediately
on "Cures" tab as soon as the required ingredient(s) (w/in the required concentration range) enter
the required upgrade machine. No action is needed to trigger it - e.g. changing tabs, adding output belt, etc..

However, for 1st level cures, the only way I can get Cure Concentrations (and next upgrade path)
to show on "Cures" tab is to visit the "Ingredients" tab, after the "ingredient discovered" news pops up.
Changing tabs, adding stuff in production, running longer, does not update the "Cures" tab.

For a new game, going straight to the "Cures" tab, WILL show the Cure Concentrations (and next upgrade path)
w/o visiting the "ingredients" tab, for existing ingredient(s).
(guessing the 'undiscovered-ingredient-to-"available"-and-Explorers-move' action triggers the Cures tab update).

Return to “General Discussion”