v1.07.00 - Borderless windowed mode (Windows), improved AI and bug fixes
Big Pharma v1.07.00 brings with it improved AI, balance improvements and all-round goody goodness.
Note: In this update I have added borderless window mode to the Windows version. If you are curently using the "-popupwindow" launch command, you should remove it and switch to borderless window mode via the options panel in-game.Here are the specifics:
- Added Polish language support for the DLC.
- AI can use the multimixer and shaker more efficiently now. This means that they follow you up the tech tree more effectively. Expect the AI to be hot at your heels for the entire game now.
- Improved AI pricing algorithms in Marketing and Malpractice DLC.
- AIs don't patent things quite as often.
- AIs now have staggered start times so they don't all flood the market at the same time in the early game.
- Reduced the extent to which ingredient prices increase in base game in reaction to oversaturation. It was squeezing low level cures too intensely.
- Increased value of all level 1 and some level 2 cures in base game.
- In the base game, there are now only 2 AIs in Advanced, Quick Start and Room to Maneuver scenarios. This is balanced by the improved AI algorithms mentioned above.
- Fixed bug where hover for "Average Saturation" was shown on the wrong column on the company tab.
- Fixed some typos in event text.
- Machine process times can never go below 1 (was possible before using mods).
To summarise, I've tried to decrease the difficulty in the early game which was caused by all the AIs rushing the market and filling it with level 1 and 2 cures.
This is balanced by a more difficult mid and end game because the AI is much more proficient at keeping up with the player as they build higher level cures.
These changes affect both the base game and the Marketing and Malpractice DLC.
Give it a go and let me know what you think, I think it makes the game a lot more interesting!