This Mod rebalances the existing vanilla modules and weapons for the GSB2 base content.
Unfortunately this kind of mod cannot be handled by the Game's Mod Browser, but installation was kept as easy as possible. Only 1 game file is concerned, thus only 1 file needs a backup.
1. Promote the use of underused modules / ship classes
2. Limit the use of overused modules / ship classes
3. Ensure high compatibility* with the vanilla game. This means:
- no new modules
- no change to power/crew requirements or power/crew 'production'
- very economical use of cost changes
*Your ship designs stay valid, regardless if you are running the mod or not.
The Zipped Download File contains a readme file which lists all changes!
Use this thread to post your comments. If you want to help to improve this Mod, please take the time to play it before posting.
There is a list with 'planned changes' at the bottom of this post. You can share your thoughts if you want.
Version 0.15 (2015-09-24): Download
'forgotten graphics' (copyright by Positech) applied to modules and weapons!
Changes from v0.14 to v0.15:
- Cruiser Pulse Cannons (all 3 variants):
- > Armor Penetration down from 19 to 8, Sledgehammer from 20 to 9
> Shield/Armor/Hull DPS approx.: 8/3/10 (previously 8/4/4)
- > Armor Penetration down from 15 to 8
> Shield/Armor/Hull DPS approx.: 5/5/10 (previously 5/7/10)
- > Everything reverted to standard
> Shield/Armor/Hull DPS approx.: 14/14/28 (previously 14/20/28)
- Cruiser Medium Shields: Strength down from 180 to 175.
- Damage for Beams with medium Armor Penetration slighly reduced.
- Damage for Beams with high and very high Armor Penetration slighly more reduced.
Planned changes for next version: