Silly registration question is silly

Discuss our other games, or the independent gaming scene in general. no spam plz :D
dynsetu
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Silly registration question is silly

Postby dynsetu » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:32 am

The question "who was the hero to the first star wars movie?" kinda implies Positech Games only wants a particular kind of client. So, I googled the question and it turns out I don't give a damn. Furthermore, I'm not the only one.
I understand that many gamers will be nerds, and that many nerds will have Star Wars trivia memorized. That's cool. Unfortunately, this leaves out anyone who's either avoided Star Wars because of overexposure or those who treated it like a normal movie (watched it once and moved on).

Honestly, I really like that you're adding personality to the whole human confirmation thing. That's neat. However, when I have to google some trivia so I can confirm I'm real my desire to spend money dies. My then corpsified desire is then desecrated by my reason for being here, which is finding out why your games won't work on my computer and how to fix this.

Also, because I'm touching on a Holy Grail of fandom I expect I'll get irrelevant flaming. Please, prove me wrong.
Radus
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Re: Silly registration question is silly

Postby Radus » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:49 am

I have to complet agree with you here-
(I only haved the audio book of one part heared once as I never haved a big interest in tv/kino/video)
Also asking for the name leave you unclear do we have to enter the first name , the family name or the complet name.
dynsetu
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby dynsetu » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:14 am

Hadn't considered the possible confusion as to which name the question refers to. Thanks for pointing that out.
nicol
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby nicol » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:01 pm

I am 100% in agreement with you, dynsetu....I also faced problem problem while registering to forum. I failed at least 7 times as I don't know the answer. Can't you please ask general question like name of current UK or US president or his wife's name....or 10+9=....
wakke29
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby wakke29 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:46 am

Now there is no problem, thankfully. I have no problem registering.
tarekil2
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby tarekil2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:25 pm

You wrote it well, good job!

Return to “General Discussion”