Party membership and activists always @ zero

Sh1fter
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Re: Party membership and activists always @ zero

Postby Sh1fter » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:45 pm

TerranPsy wrote:1.286 version, I don't own the Electioneering DLC, have the same issue with 0 members of my party after winning the election and it never grows. Have monarchy off.

Is this fixed yet? Just bought* the game without the Electioneering mod. Zero success.
cogwrite
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby cogwrite » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:16 am

I am also suffering from this bug. I have just bought the game this week, with the Mods (not electioneering). I am having the following issues that make the game impossible to play.

- In the UK I start with around 5% popularity and 0 party members. No matter what I do. No matter how popular I am among certain demographics, it does not affect my overall popularity.
- There is a similar problem in Australia.
- In France it starts with circa 90% popularity and 100,000s of party members. It is actually impossible to lose the first election in France!

I adjusted all the settings, the difficulty, randomising the start, etc. Nothing changes.

I haven't played the other countries. This must be wrong and is very disappointing given I just paid for the game.
m0skit0
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby m0skit0 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:44 pm

Same bug reporting here. I've just installed "Democracy 3 Africa" through Steam and I'm playing my first game with Senegal: 0% vote and 0 party members at the middle of the term.

20170312154207_1.jpg
20170312154207_1.jpg (494.16 KiB) Viewed 1816 times

Windows 10 Spanish, game language is English. I don't have any mods.

The game looks very interesing and I was looking forward acquiring Democracy 3 and the mods as well, but this bug is a total let-down. I hope you guys can release a fix soon.
tmosler
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby tmosler » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:23 am

Does anyone know if this glitch only effects the steam version or if it's present in gog or even all versions? I really love the electioneering dlc but due to this glitch I have to play without it installed (which fixes the steam version) furthermore I was wondering if cliff has any plans to adress this glitch because this is a major gamebreaking bug which makes it impossible to play with electioneering and messes up balance.
Leroy
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Leroy » Tue May 09, 2017 5:41 pm

I was convinced this is a bug, but it doesn't appear to be. Maybe the thresholds are a little low, but I was able to get these values to rise by being successful.

Loving the game now!
Harrythehat
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Harrythehat » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:31 pm

Definitely a bug with the electioneering dlc.

CLiff posted this on steam forums:

---------------------

From the dev: Why your party size is sometimes zero under electioneering DLC
I know a few people have experienced this and reported it as a bug. here is the explanation, from looking at someone's save game:

Check your cabinet, and their campaigning skill. The likelihood is that all your ministers skill is really low This is the reason that your high approval does not translate into decent
party membership. Basically people love your policies but hate all the
main people in your party :D

If you think this is too harsh, its governed by a value in \program files\democracy 3\data\simconfig.txt called:

ELECT_MINISTERS_TOTAL_IMPACT

If you reduce that, it wont be so strong, but thats almost cheating :D

Hope that explains things :D

---------------------

It doesn't actuallly address the issue that your party membership STARTS AT ZERO and the opposition starts with THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE COUNTRY as their membership.

It is clearly broken.

Please fix it.
pella
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby pella » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:07 pm

Indeed. It is clearly broken for over a year now. I doubt that it will be ever fixed.

This could be a nice game, but this lack of care is really disappointing.
A hung parliament would be more productive.
Antarctica
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Antarctica » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:59 am

For me, it started when I bought the DLCs, including Electioneering and Africa. The version string is 1.25.

See that -1%? Weird. I don't know how that -1 is calculated, but that could be the issue. Once the vote percentage is -1, I never get it back up, doesn't matter what I do.

I started with Germany and did the following:

- I beat down crime by reducing Alcohol consumption and improving community policing
- I improved education by adding Public Libraries and Adult education
- I quickly reached high productivity and low unemployment
- The low unemployment wiped out homelessness
- I always had a positive budget
- I lowered some taxes
- I introduced multiple new, undisputed welfare programs, like food stamps

all in less than three years time. During the first election after four years, the outcome was still a devastating zero votes (How can that be? Where can I vote for myself?)

Two-third of the indicators improved and only a handful got worse.
Baraqyal
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Baraqyal » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:45 pm

Just chiming in to say that I, too, am experiencing this issue. Windows 10, English (1.286).

How is this still an active thread 2 years later :/

Return to “support”