For me, it started when I bought the DLCs, including Electioneering and Africa. The version string is 1.25.
See that -1%? Weird. I don't know how that -1 is calculated, but that could be the issue. Once the vote percentage is -1, I never get it back up, doesn't matter what I do.
I started with Germany and did the following:
- I beat down crime by reducing Alcohol consumption and improving community policing
- I improved education by adding Public Libraries and Adult education
- I quickly reached high productivity and low unemployment
- The low unemployment wiped out homelessness
- I always had a positive budget
- I lowered some taxes
- I introduced multiple new, undisputed welfare programs, like food stamps
all in less than three years time. During the first election after four years, the outcome was still a devastating zero
votes (How can that be? Where can I vote for myself?)
Two-third of the indicators improved and only a handful got worse.