Modding tool

ruzen
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

Re: Modding tool

Postby ruzen » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Great Work!
Edit: Would this work for 1.09 GoG version?
Tried multiple times but mod can not seem to find the Democracy 3.exe @ GoG version. Please help?
Khornel
Line Supervisor
Line Supervisor

Postby Khornel » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:30 pm

ruzen wrote:Great Work!
Edit: Would this work for 1.09 GoG version?
Tried multiple times but mod can not seem to find the Democracy 3.exe @ GoG version. Please help?

Based on the Steam version, the tool requires the following folders relative to Democracy3.exe:
data/bitmaps/policies
data/bitmaps/situations
data/simulation

So if your data folder is located somewhere else, try specifying that folder. Or you can write here how your folders are structured and I'll update the tool.
ruzen
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

Postby ruzen » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:52 pm

I tried to put it but couldnt find any configs but here is my destination. The rest folders are in order. Thank you for your help :)
D:\GOG Games\Democracy 3
Khornel
Line Supervisor
Line Supervisor

Postby Khornel » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:29 pm

ruzen wrote:I tried to put it but couldnt find any configs but here is my destination. The rest folders are in order. Thank you for your help :)
D:\GOG Games\Democracy 3

If the folders are there, then it should work.
I've updated the tool so it displays a more descriptive error message when failing to load Democracy 3. Try downloading the new version and tell me what error you get.
ruzen
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

Postby ruzen » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:41 am

Tried. This time It give different error. Here is the picture.
Khornel
Line Supervisor
Line Supervisor

Postby Khornel » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:38 am

ruzen wrote:Tried. This time It give different error. Here is the picture.

I looked through the code and it seems the error stems from the application trying to find a slider that doesn't exist. Most probably because you have a policy somewhere in your game with a slider that doesn't exist.
I updated the application to fall back to the default slider in this case, so please try the new version and tell me if you experience any further problems.
ruzen
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

Postby ruzen » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:59 am

Success! Just tried and It oppened. Going to mess around with it tonight. Thank you for solving :)
NoShotz
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby NoShotz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:40 pm

For me, some of the stuff for editing the outcomes, incomes, and costs are blocked by the policy section, could this be becuase my resolution is 16:9 (1600x900) ?
Khornel
Line Supervisor
Line Supervisor

Postby Khornel » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:00 am

NoShotz wrote:For me, some of the stuff for editing the outcomes, incomes, and costs are blocked by the policy section, could this be becuase my resolution is 16:9 (1600x900) ?

It should be able run on anything from 1024x768.
Could you possibly send me a screenshot?
NoShotz
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby NoShotz » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:44 pm

tsalagimahariel
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby tsalagimahariel » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:24 pm

If I have a WIP mod sort of set up the hard way is there a way to load it in your editor to fine tune it more easily?
Khornel
Line Supervisor
Line Supervisor

Postby Khornel » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:38 pm

That looks very weird NoShotz. I'll check it out when I get a chance, probably tomorrow. I'll probably have to get the height down to fit your screen, might be start menu I haven't factored in.
On second thought, that topbar should have a fixed height, so that doesn't make any sense, what happens if you un-maximize it and just make the window big manually?
tsalagimahariel wrote:If I have a WIP mod sort of set up the hard way is there a way to load it in your editor to fine tune it more easily?

Yeah, File - Import Mod, and then select the txt file with the name and location of the mod. But note that it will only be able to load and save policies, simulations, situations and events.
Last edited by Khornel on Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsalagimahariel
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby tsalagimahariel » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:42 pm

Yeah, File - Import Mod, and then select the txt file with the name and location of the mod. But note that it will only be able to load and save policies, simulations, situations and events.

Awesome. Thanks!
NoShotz
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby NoShotz » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Khornel wrote:That looks very weird NoShotz. I'll check it out when I get a chance, probably tomorrow. I'll probably have to get the height down to fit your screen, might be start menu I haven't factored in.
On second thought, that topbar should have a fixed height, so that doesn't make any sense, what happens if you un-maximize it and just make the window big manually?

nothing changes, still the same
tsalagimahariel
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby tsalagimahariel » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:13 am

Khornel wrote:Yeah, File - Import Mod, and then select the txt file with the name and location of the mod. But note that it will only be able to load and save policies, simulations, situations and events.

Ok, I tried that but it says theres no Democracy 3 data.

Return to “modding”