The limits of modding

Wilkituska
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

The limits of modding

Postby Wilkituska » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:34 am

Hi, everyone!
I recently decided to go back to modding Democracy 3 (I hope this community is not dead yet) and I was thinking about what can be done with modding and what not.
I have a few questions:

-Are votertypes, pressuregroups, policygroups and achievements moddable? They look easily moddable, but are not listed on the official modding guide, so I'm affraid I might "break" the game if I add new lines. If they're moddable:
  • For votertypes, what does "overriden joins" mean?
  • What do each of the pressuregroups columns mean?

-How do ExecutiveTermLength and ExecutiveTermLimit work on "Democracy 3 - Africa"? I've looked into the .csv file but none of their effects seems to directly reference their main game effect.
  • Are they replicable in Democracy 3?
  • Can any number be specified for those or are they limited to the "base game options" (e.g.- can i choose a 7 year term length?)?

Thanks for your time!
Cipher
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Re: The limits of modding

Postby Cipher » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:50 pm

I was similarly interested on whether it is possible to mod voter types and pressure groups, as I'm interested in making my own for a cyberpunk mod.
dcosta
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Re: The limits of modding

Postby dcosta » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:09 pm

Cipher wrote:I was similarly interested on whether it is possible to mod voter types and pressure groups, as I'm interested in making my own for a cyberpunk mod.

Would love to be able to do this. I would also like the ability to edit/delete existing policies

Return to “modding”