Can you even stop immigration?

radomu
Line Manager
Line Manager

Can you even stop immigration?

Postby radomu » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:17 am

Seems like if you have maxed-out GDP, there is no way of reducing immigration even if borders are tightened to the max and citizenship tests are made the most difficult...
Guidrion
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Re: Can you even stop immigration?

Postby Guidrion » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:50 am

I feel like Kitchen design Lancashire is a much bigger threat to our countries than high immigration. Dirty kitchenists...

And yes, immigration is pretty hard to balance. But like in everything, more policies would be better.
radomu
Line Manager
Line Manager

Postby radomu » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:04 pm

Guidrion wrote:I feel like Kitchen design Lancashire is a much bigger threat to our countries than high immigration. Dirty kitchenists...

And yes, immigration is pretty hard to balance. But like in everything, more policies would be better.

Except there are no policies to lower immigration other than the two. The only alternative is to lower the GDP, but that doesn't really help anyone. There are ways to deal with other externalities of high growth, like internet crime, pollution, and so on.
Gikgik
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Gikgik » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:33 pm

With my experimental mod, Racial Tension decreases Immigration progressively. In other worlds, if your country turns super-racist, immigrants will get scared away.
Industrial Evolution Mod: http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=9725
Superpower Mod: http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=9712
MikRas
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby MikRas » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:55 am

Yeap. Look at Swizerland they just voted for a policy reducing immigration.

There should be some other policies like policy about accepting war refugees or not.
Rick Dreckitt
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Postby Rick Dreckitt » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Whenever I've had runaway immigration, I've been unable to control racial tension even with citizenship tests etc. This leads to race riots, but hey, it scares off some of the immigrants!
Kalarus
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Kalarus » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:20 am

If you ban foreign Church service it greatly reduces immigration. Add that to citizenship tests & Border Controls (maximize all three) then immigration should dwindle to around 10% with maximum GDP.
Kalarus
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Kalarus » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:24 am

Implement a Ban on Foreign Church Service. It’s under the public services section, & if you maximize that, along with maximized Border Security & Citizenship tests, then Immigration will be reduced to around 10% even with maximum GDP & Health. If you make sure you have no compulsory language classes then immigration should disappear completely.

Return to “General Discussion”