Education and education-related policies

Guidrion
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Education and education-related policies

Postby Guidrion » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:13 pm

After reading some ideas from Gikgik about education (decay of democracy on the steam workshop), I started thinking about the concept of the education simulation and its implication for modding policies. It is also quit important to have a good understanding of what it means as it is one of the most important data in Democracy 3 (who doesn't try to maximize it?).
What does the simulation node of Education stands for? Does it represent the amount of skills the citizen have or does it go beyond skills?

If it is about skills, then:
Only policies providing usable knowledge or skills should affect education: sports, langage, school funding.
All other types of policies that takes school time without teaching skills should actually diminish the education value and affect other values. Sex education is socially useful and affects behaviour but doesn't teach any form of skills. School prayers and singing the national anthem takes time (not much) that could be used for other things. Compulsory sports classes improves health by improving physical fitness but doesn't improve education in itself.
This could be counterbalanced by an uncancellable policy defining school time. More school time costs more but means teachers have more time to teach.
However, this means that maxing out the education value should only affect technology, productivity and other purely economical datas and policies regarding education should affect other datas.

If education is about more than skills, then it means having a certain idea of what an educated mind should be. Then and only then can we start to design which policies affects positively or negatively education. If we follow certain atheist ideas, all policies allowing religion to get into schools should negatively affect education. If we follow certain post-modern ideas, then all policies introducing national elements should negatively affect education. And the list goes on.
In the spirit of simulation, I don't think this is the way to go.
Also, the evolution of the quality of education in a larger sense takes time to make society evolve. The rapidity of change in Democracy 3 is therefore problematic.

What do you think, people?
Roses_R_Red
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Re: Education and education-related policies

Postby Roses_R_Red » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:46 am

Guidrion wrote:After reading some ideas from Gikgik about education (decay of democracy on the steam workshop), I started thinking about the concept of the education simulation and its implication for modding policies. It is also quit important to have a good understanding of what it means as it is one of the most important data in Democracy 3 (who doesn't try to maximize it?).
What does the simulation node of Education stands for? Does it represent the amount of skills the citizen have or does it go beyond skills?

If it is about skills, then:
Only policies providing usable knowledge or skills should affect education: sports, langage, school funding.
All other types of policies that takes school time without teaching skills should actually diminish the education value and affect other values. Sex education is socially useful and affects behaviour but doesn't teach any form of skills. School prayers and singing the national anthem takes time (not much) that could be used for other things. Compulsory sports classes improves health by improving physical fitness but doesn't improve education in itself.
This could be counterbalanced by an uncancellable policy defining school time. More school time costs more but means teachers have more time to teach.
However, this means that maxing out the education value should only affect technology, productivity and other purely economical datas and policies regarding education should affect other datas.

If education is about more than skills, then it means having a certain idea of what an educated mind should be. Then and only then can we start to design which policies affects positively or negatively education. If we follow certain atheist ideas, all policies allowing religion to get into schools should negatively affect education. If we follow certain post-modern ideas, then all policies introducing national elements should negatively affect education. And the list goes on.
In the spirit of simulation, I don't think this is the way to go.
Also, the evolution of the quality of education in a larger sense takes time to make society evolve. The rapidity of change in Democracy 3 is therefore problematic.

What do you think, people?

Things like sex education don't teach any skills. It seems to cause there to be a change in population and that can affect education indirectly. If there are too few pupils then teachers will start to be unemployed so you can adjust the sex education policy for instance to try to mitigate that kind of bad situation. But there are other, better, polices that you can use to manage population growth and prevent teachers from being unemployed. That being said, I think that the education level just represents how skilled and literate your population is and that can have huge implications not just for controlling poverty, unemployment, and technology but also whether people of different ethnic backgrounds will get along. I see the education value as one of the linchpins of creating a stable society that won't descend into extreme nationalism provided other policies are used to help get people jobs and keep poverty under control. As far as the quality of education, it'd be hard I guess to see in real life how putting the max possible amount of money into public schools will improve the quality of education quickly but I don't see why it couldn't.

You mentioned faith in education too I think. School prayers might not help people learn better but subsidizing faith schools might be of great help to society but it doesn't come without some initial risks. It'd be highly controversial in the early stages but I see the subsidy of faith schools as only improving the level of education in society, not harming it.

Sex education doesn't help with any of that and is useful mostly for managing the attitudes of some voter groups toward you and not much else. All in all I don't know if I'm right at all but that's what I think.
summercamp12
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby summercamp12 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:54 am

After reading some ideas from Gikgik about education (decay of democracy on the steam workshop), I started thinking about the concept of the education simulation and its implication for modding policies. It is also quit important to have a good understanding of what it means as it is one of the most important data in Democracy 3 (who doesn't try to maximize it?).

There are some education policies that are as follows
1 Vision and Planning
1.1 Vision and overall goals
1.2 Linkages between ICT in education policy and other sectoral policies
1.3 Public funding and expenditure for ICT in education
1.4 Institutional arrangements
1.5 Public Private Partnerships (PPP) on ICT in education

2 ICT Infrastructure
2.1 Electricity supply
2.2 ICT equipment & related networking infrastructure
2.3 Technical support & maintenance
2.4 e-Waste

3 Teachers
3.1 Teacher training and professional development (including pre-service and in-service) on ICT –related topics
3.2 ICT-related teacher competency standards
3.3 Teacher networks/ resource centers for teachers
3.4 School leadership training, professional development and competency standards

4 Skills and competencies
4.1 ICT literacy/digital competency
4.2 Non-formal education/lifelong learning/vocational education

5 Learning resources
5.1 Digital content/digital learning resources (DLR) and curriculum
MaxReedLeo07
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby MaxReedLeo07 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:54 am

Education occurs in many forms for many purposes through many institutions. Examples include early childhood education, Essay writing service UK, kindergarten through to 12th grade, two and four year colleges or universities, graduate and professional education, adult education and job training. Therefore, education policy can directly affect the education people engage in at all ages.
cherylfaye
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby cherylfaye » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:04 am

Just arrangements giving usable learning or aptitudes should influence training: sports, langage, school financing.

Every single other kind of approaches that takes educational time without showing aptitudes ought to really reduce the training worth and influence different esteems. Sex training is socially valuable and influences conduct yet doesn't instruct any type of aptitudes. School supplications and singing the national song of praise requires some investment (very little) that could be utilized for different things. Mandatory games classes enhances wellbeing by enhancing physical wellness yet doesn't enhance training in itself.

This could be offset an uncancellable arrangement characterizing educational time. More educational time costs all the more however implies instructors have more opportunity to educate.

In any case, this implies maximizing the training worth should just influence innovation, profitability and other absolutely sparing figures and approaches with respect to instruction should influence different pieces of information.

On the off chance that there are excessively couple of understudies then instructors will begin to be unemployed so you can alter the sex training approach for example to attempt to alleviate that sort of awful circumstance. Be that as it may, there are other Essay Writing Service | essayChamp, better, polices that you can use to oversee populace development and keep instructors from being unemployed. That being stated, I feel that the instruction level just speaks to how gifted and proficient your populace is and that can have colossal ramifications for controlling destitution, unemployment, and innovation as well as whether individuals of various ethnic foundations will get along. I see the instruction esteem as one of the linchpins of making a steady society that won't dive into extraordinary patriotism gave different strategies are utilized to help land individuals positions and monitor destitution. To the extent the nature of training, it'd be hard I figure to find, in actuality, how putting the maximum conceivable measure of cash into government funded schools will enhance the nature of instruction rapidly however I don't perceive any reason why it proved unable.
MollieGrant
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby MollieGrant » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:19 am

The educational policies changes over time but it should be ensured to give quality education for students and to make them the asset of the country.
Students may faces lot of problems during their academic life and some times the main cause of the problem is the lack of creative writing skill. So they suffer to complete their writing task on time. They can visit thesis writing services if they want to improve the writing skill.
florencewillburn
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby florencewillburn » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:50 am

Education is the stepping stone of every one's life. Education is achieved not only for good score but also to catch so many valuable things in life. Need some changes in current education system and include more practical policies to improve the behavior and mentality of students. You can be a part of the discussion conduct by dissertation writing services about this topic.
ryancoleman02
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby ryancoleman02 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:07 am

Policies of education are still the same as were in early 90's, though some countries has changed their education policies and make their education culture modern and effective one too. We assignment writing services provider can earn some money by selling our content to students just because of this new education policies.
lomarf22
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby lomarf22 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:01 pm

Ok i will try this wrtiting service!

click to view source
DavidCyryl
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby DavidCyryl » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:21 am

Approaches of training are as yet the same as were in mid 90's, however a few nations has changed their instruction arrangements and make their training society present day and compelling one as well. Dissertation Proposal Writing Service
eliseward92
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby eliseward92 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:48 am

We needs some changes in our education system. Authorities have to add some new policies to increase the confidence of students. I am a professional teacher & writer at Cheap Essays Writing Service, I always suggest my student to improve their mentality and confidence.
larajohnson
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby larajohnson » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:33 am

Education is that powerful tool that can be used to change the whole world and it is really essential that each individual needs to be educated. However for students who need help with their academic career can make use of the services in buy admission essays.
alexsmith84
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby alexsmith84 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:13 am

Education is probably the most important spheere in our life today. Basically because we all depend on future generations. And our job is to prepare them, make them want to achieve and evolve. That's why education is that important. People should become smarter with each new generation. However, some students need help iwth essays tho. For this i'd recommend to use essay writing help. Have a nice day all!

Return to “General Discussion”