Nothing happens when I enter the serial code in "Profile".

For when your guns are jammed, your lasers are misfiring, or you forgot where you put that pesky trench ladder again...
Nudz
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Re: Nothing happens when I enter the serial code in "Profile

Postby Nudz » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:54 pm

There's a setting that says "Use a proxy server for the local Internet", or something to that effect, and it's NOT ticked.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:33 am

Hmm
You said the game worked fine in beta, but not now, and nothing in the online component of the game itself has changed. has anything else changed on your PC? any new software installed? what firewall or antivirus software are you running?
Nudz
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby Nudz » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:43 pm

Hmm
You said the game worked fine in beta, but not now, and nothing in the online component of the game itself has changed. has anything else changed on your PC? any new software installed? what firewall or antivirus software are you running?

Actually, the entire computer is new. I probably wasn't clear enough on that in the initial description, but I bought the game way back when it was in beta, and it played fine from that point on.

However, I've just gotten a new computer - specs listed in the previous page of this thread - and now it isn't working, any more. So, yeah, I think we've already established pretty clearly that it's my computer that's the problem, not the game. I'm just hoping we can find out what the problem is, because I miss the game.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:36 am

So you have tried it with the built-in windows firewall disabled, you don't have any other firewall or internet security software installed and running?
You aren't running the game as a 'limited-user' or through any sort of emulator on a mac or unde linux (just checking!).
There are no parental controls or anything similar installed that could re-direct internet traffic, and definitely no malware or spyware installed that could be doing the same thing?
Nudz
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby Nudz » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:32 pm

So you have tried it with the built-in windows firewall disabled, you don't have any other firewall or internet security software installed and running?

I have both made sure that my Firewall allows "Gratuitous Tank Battles.exe" access, and also tried running the game with the Firewall disabled altogether. I'm not entirely sure about what you mean by "Internet security software". Like some kind of antivirus-software? If so, the answer is "no".

You aren't running the game as a 'limited-user' or through any sort of emulator on a mac or unde linux (just checking!).

I'm not running it through an emulator, and I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-BIT, not a Mac or Linux. As to your question about running the game as a "limited user", I'm not entirely sure what that means. Could you please explain?

There are no parental controls or anything similar installed that could re-direct internet traffic, and definitely no malware or spyware installed that could be doing the same thing?

Not that I know of.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:10 am

in that case the next time you run the game and this happens, could you send me the files found in

my documents\ my games \ gratuitoustankbattles\debug

to cliff AT positech DOT co DOT uk

That might shed some light on it.
Nudz
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby Nudz » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:32 pm

E-mail sent.
Nudz
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby Nudz » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:02 pm

It's working, now.

The problem was related to the username in the profile not syncing up with the serial key. It was solved by me simply creating a whole new profile, as advised by Cliff Harris. Lost my progress, of course, but the game is now working again, so I'm happy.

Note that I still need to run the game windowed because if I go fullscreen, the game will run in high-speed as described earlier.
Nudz
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby Nudz » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:31 am

Many thanks for the help, by the way.

Return to “Support”