Game Completely Unplayable

For when your guns are jammed, your lasers are misfiring, or you forgot where you put that pesky trench ladder again...
Akark
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Re: Game Completely Unplayable

Postby Akark » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Aye, I can help with the tool. I sent an e-mail to <cliff@positech.co.uk> earlier so that you or valve can send me the details.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:31 am

Yup got it, and forwarded your details to valve. Have they been in touch? They may be a bit swamped right now with the steam sale...
Akark
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby Akark » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:32 am

I never got an e-mail from Jason, or anyone from Valve. I got your e-mail reply to my own tho. I am still willing to help with the issue, and I just assume that you are correct; they are likely swamped with the summer sale at the moment.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:32 am

Yes, I haven't heard from him either, it's just bad timing I think, I'm sure he will reply soon.
railjun
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby railjun » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:19 am

I am having the identical problem as the previous two. Normally I'd be raging about it, but because I like these games so much, I just want to help. Is there anything I can do that hasn't been done? Is there any information that would help from my build?
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:08 am

unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any common factor in terms of hardware or setup, it's just a tiny percentage of players are encountering this, and neither me or valve know why yet, but if you could email me at cliff AT positech dot co dot uk, I'll ask valve to contact you as well. It's much appreciated.
Akark
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby Akark » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:08 pm

I received an e-mail from Valve earlier this week, and when I got a chance to reply to it I was unable to reproduce the fault. This leaves the question, has the issue been fixed with the patch steam downloaded yesterday?
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:01 pm

I sincerely hope it has, and initial reports are that yes, it has been fixed.
In which case it was a bug in the third party sound library, and not ym code at all.
I rock! :D
kaine
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby kaine » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:07 pm

I've been getting the same issue trying to play the demo version downloaded directly from the website (No STEAM) - it looks pretty good, but with the constant hanging it's totally unplayable :(

I'm using a Samsung Chronos 7 Gamer laptop running Windows 8 - the game fails to run at all under standard windows 8, but seems to run with XP (Service Pack 3) or Windows 7 compatibility turned on - except for this stuttering/hang problem...

Graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

Return to “Support”