Known Bugs (that I'm fixing now)

Discussion of the new 'Life-Sim' game.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:08 pm

hmmmm to be honest I'm not sure. maybe worth backing up your current directory before installing it, just in case.
Glinka
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Glinka » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:32 pm

cliffski wrote:hmmmm to be honest I'm not sure. maybe worth backing up your current directory before installing it, just in case.

Did as you suggested, upgraded, and ran a saved game from 1.17 without problems. :)
upvar()
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby upvar() » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:13 pm

Heehee! That's awesome. :D
KudosPhoebe
Line Supervisor
Line Supervisor

Postby KudosPhoebe » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:43 am

jordi wrote:"Cheat" found: If you hold off buying pet food until the post-it note appears, by clicking on it you can go shopping, but it does not count as an activity.

Yes, that is still the fact (v.1.19). Not that I have anything really against, though :wink: There could be, however, some logic in that if you walked the dog to the store :) but then walking the dog should result in some tiredness (which can be easily added in assets).

Yep, once you have a pet, you don't have to lose any of your precious time in shopping. I assume your pet takes care of that :?:

Any more cheats?
Eddy
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eddy » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:42 am

Well, I read a story in the paper's "odd news" where a pet owner did that. They trained the dog to go to a nearby shop and they'd pin a note to, for lack of a better term, saddlebags the dog would wear. The shopkeeper would fill the order, take the money in one of the bags, and give change then send the dog on its way. Maybe that's the reason you can do this?
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:40 am

Yes thats right, Its not a bug. nosiree.
KudosPhoebe
Line Supervisor
Line Supervisor

Funny

Postby KudosPhoebe » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:34 pm

cliffski wrote:Yes thats right, Its not a bug. nosiree.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eddy wrote:Well, I read a story in the paper's "odd news" where a pet owner did that. They trained the dog to go to a nearby shop and they'd pin a note to, for lack of a better term, saddlebags the dog would wear. The shopkeeper would fill the order, take the money in one of the bags, and give change then send the dog on its way. Maybe that's the reason you can do this?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How do you train a fish to do that? :lol: Or a hamster. I ran out of funny ideas here.
Molotov
Line Supervisor
Line Supervisor

Postby Molotov » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:58 pm

Okay. I'm probably being dense here and I think I've asked this before, but, can I patch up from 1.08 straight to 1.18?

I tried, and I got patch failed. I remember ages ago though when I tried to upgrade from 1.8 to 1.9 maybe that I got the same patch failed error. I run the .exe, the installer does its things, I choose to start the patch programme and I just get a message saying 'patch failed'.

Any ideas/solutions?

Thanks!
ksnoopy
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby ksnoopy » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:39 am

I saw a couple odd bugs playing the game for ths first time last night. I'm using the v1.19 full version. A few odd things happened:

- in the first few days, my new char was offered and international law job starting at 50k. I didn't have any skills and I didn't apply for the job so I'm not sure why it was offered. I imagine this is a bug?

- A few times during playing (played for a few years game time), my entire list of friends was wiped. Not sure why -- I was clicking through the game pretty fast but I'd always go out with friends if they called me so I don't know why they'd all vanish at once like that...

Thanks,
Jason
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:54 am

that sounds very weird, I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling because it sounds like something screwed up.

molotov:

I think you need to patch to 1.11 first, theres instructions of the patch page, or email me your order number and i can give you a new link
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:38 pm

New version and patch out today, version 1.20. Changes:

Code: Select all

1.20  Changed background rendering so older cards don't fail
      Added keyboard control for some dialogs with right and left arrow keys, and siome escape and return shortcuts
      Added 2 new jobs that require driving
      Added 2 new avatars, camoflague guy and brown top girl.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:16 pm

1.21 out today:

1.21   Fixed bug where crossword input didnt work.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:00 am

1.22 done:

1.22 Fixed bug with same sex relationships and cheating on your partner causing a crash.
xcell
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

multiple bugs

Postby xcell » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:01 pm

I purchased the game today (Final 1.15) - bugs:
- cursor disappears
- some avatars don't show (blank)
- windows ("career""skills", "you", etc.) change color or are blank
- saving game does not work

I deinstalled and reinstalled the game;

- PowerMac G5 2.5, OSX 10.4.8

Thanks for any feedback
PeeBee
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

2 invitations

Postby PeeBee » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:25 pm

hello,
this is not bug but...

2 friends / 2 invitations in one day / 2 social activities --> second friend is included in the first one's activity and first friend is included in the second one's activity --> i must choose and ok i will choose first one's social activity. is there reason for that :( (disappointment) near the face of the other friend when he/she was there too? (included in invitation of the first one's s.a.)? we were already enjoying that activity together!

thanx.

Return to “Kudos (General)”