Failing to stay in fullscreen

ikke
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Failing to stay in fullscreen

Postby ikke » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:40 pm

When I start the game, it seems to load properly, but fails to stay fullscreen. It currently switches between the game and the desktop and eventually stays minimized.

I'm running Archlinux (64bit) with AwesomeWM (A tiling window manager). I have a Ati Radeon HD 4500 series with the proprietary catalyst driver (11.11-1).

Does anyone have a clue what's going wrong?
urkle
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: Failing to stay in fullscreen

Postby urkle » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:50 pm

ikke wrote:When I start the game, it seems to load properly, but fails to stay fullscreen. It currently switches between the game and the desktop and eventually stays minimized.

I'm running Archlinux (64bit) with AwesomeWM (A tiling window manager). I have a Ati Radeon HD 4500 series with the proprietary catalyst driver (11.11-1).

Does anyone have a clue what's going wrong?

Odds are it is AwesomeWM having issues with the SDL fullscreen window and popping the game out of full screen mode. the only times I ever got the game to "pop out" of full screen was when I used synergy and would move my mouse on and off of the linux screen.. but the game would eventually pop back into full screen (it may take it 30seconds to a minute). Though I am using the Gnome 3 window manager.(mutter?)

Is there some setting in AwesomeWM that will tell it to NOT mess with the GSB window?
Developing away on one of
Mac Pro Dual 2Ghz, 14GB RAM, Snow Leopard, nVidia 8800 512MB.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
Sidicas
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

Postby Sidicas » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:12 pm

Tested awesome 2.3.3-1... No such problem here.. Anything you're running on top of awesome that might mess with how your windows are laid out? Or maybe something that was changed in awesome from the default? Have you tried starting a blank X session with a terminal and no window manager.. Then just started the game from there? If it doesn't do it under those circumstances, I think it is awesome to blame.
ikke
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby ikke » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:40 am

I haven't had any time to test it yet, but I'm using awesome 3.4.11, so there could be a lot changed since v2.
xian27
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby xian27 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:03 am

Why is it?

Russel
My billy club weapons is what makes me GREAT!
ikke
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby ikke » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Why is what?

Return to “Linux Support”