are windows/linux regkeys equivalent?

kazi
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

are windows/linux regkeys equivalent?

Postby kazi » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:03 pm

Not a super big deal (I have both a Windows and Linux computer), but do the same registration keys work between versions?

I'm a longtime player of the Windows version, and have all the DLCs. If the regkeys are not equivalent, is there a way I could have one? (after somehow proving ownership). I'm not particularly fond of re-buying games I already have.

If not, thats cool too- I'll just play something else over the holidays (only have my linux pc with me at the moment).

Thanks!
urkle
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: are windows/linux regkeys equivalent?

Postby urkle » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:04 pm

The regkeys for challenge mode work across windows and linux perfectly fine. However the DLC doesn't quite work on linux yet and requires a bit of conversion to get it working.
Developing away on one of
Mac Pro Dual 2Ghz, 14GB RAM, Snow Leopard, nVidia 8800 512MB.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
kazi
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

Postby kazi » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:05 am

Thanks! I also just realized that I would need a copy of the linux install as well (which I don't have), so it looks like I'll be waiting to get back to my windows computer still.... oh well...
alexhairyman
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

Postby alexhairyman » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:26 pm

urkle wrote:The regkeys for challenge mode work across windows and linux perfectly fine. However the DLC doesn't quite work on linux yet and requires a bit of conversion to get it working.

under gratuitous modding I have a script that converts all dds files into pngs, with continuous integration and checks for imagemagick

Return to “Linux Support”