Can't type "V" character when entering multiplayer code

z0id
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Can't type "V" character when entering multiplayer code

Postby z0id » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:05 pm

I thought it was too ridiculous to post this, but then I saw a Mac user with the same problem. [1]
The problem is as following: I bought the HIB4 and got a multiplayer key which contains the V character (86 in ASCII). When I type the code and press V key, nothing happens. It's really weird...
Since I'm on Linux, is there a file in ~/.positech/GSB where I can manually add the key?

[1]: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6834
Archduke Astro
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Re: Can't type "V" character when entering multiplayer code

Postby Archduke Astro » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:18 pm

z0id wrote:I thought it was too ridiculous to post this, but then I saw a Mac user with the same problem. [1]
The problem is as following: I bought the HIB4 and got a multiplayer key which contains the V character (86 in ASCII). When I type the code and press V key, nothing happens. It's really weird...
Since I'm on Linux, is there a file in ~/.positech/GSB where I can manually add the key?

[1]: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6834

"You rang?", says the genie in the bottle. ;)

Your solution - which afflicted both Linux and Mac users, yes - is found here. Enjoy!
•• Positech Global Moderator & Forum Sheriff ••
GSB "Combined-Arms Combat" Advocate & Analyst
Enemy of Forum Lulz | Defender of Faction Diversity

∞∆……CURATOR OF CREATIVE CONCEPTS for GSB's Friendly Community Mod Squad……∆∞
urkle
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: Can't type "V" character when entering multiplayer code

Postby urkle » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:28 pm

Archduke Astro wrote:Your solution - which afflicted both Linux and Mac users, yes - is found here. Enjoy!

I actually think it affected windows users too. It had to do with a bad switch case logic, where the "Ctrl-V" (paste) shortcut was checked and if the CTRL key wasn't down, would just eat the V instead of passing it along. The (soon to come) updated linux binaries fix this issue.

This was never an issue before, because the multiplayer keys never had a V in them until the HiB #4 :)
Developing away on one of
Mac Pro Dual 2Ghz, 14GB RAM, Snow Leopard, nVidia 8800 512MB.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB

Return to “Linux Support”