Ideas for New DLC

General GTB discussion
CalculusKing
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Ideas for New DLC

Postby CalculusKing » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:33 am

So my idea for a new DLC is a cold war turned hot between the US and the USSR after the defeat of the Germans in 2114. Alternatively, it may just be an eastern front against the germans.

Some new things to add:
-To get around the coding issue with multigun tanks, what we should do is have the weapons work as one weapon in the code that alternates its firing between the weapons fast enough to do all their work. We might not have multiple turrets, but we will at least have multiple weapons.

-Infantry should have camo that reduces accuracy of attackers (as part of armor).

-There should be a motorcycle hull that does not give infantry any extra armor but makes them move faster. It would also increase cost.

-There should be damage over time and increased extra internal bonuses for flamethrowers.

-There should be unarmed IFV's and armed APC's that transport infantry that disembark once the vehicle is killed.

-There should be RPG's, heavy machineguns, flamethrowers, and grenades for infantry as options.

-New hulls based on WWII and cold war soviet tanks.

-Artillery vehicles with huge range but little HP or speed.

-Maybe the aformentioned parachute troopers some players have been calling for.

-Maybe some French, Italian, Japanese, etc... tank hulls.

Please note that these are just cool suggestions and all I want to see is more fun with your game.
dafrandle
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: Ideas for New DLC

Postby dafrandle » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:00 am

my evaluation of this
also i think rather then DLC, this should just be a general update
bold letters are my thoughts
CalculusKing wrote:-To get around the coding issue with multigun tanks, what we should do is have the weapons work as one weapon in the code that alternates its firing between the weapons fast enough to do all their work. We might not have multiple turrets, but we will at least have multiple weapons. Yes

-Infantry should have camo that reduces accuracy of attackers (as part of armor). i guess

-There should be a motorcycle hull that does not give infantry any extra armor but makes them move faster. It would also increase cost. interesting idea, would very much like to exprimant with that

-There should be damage over time and increased extra internal bonuses for flamethrowers. Yes make happen

-There should be unarmed IFV's and armed APC's that transport infantry that disembark once the vehicle is killed. we actually do have unarmed IFV in the form of "light tank" apc's would be a welcome edition

-There should be RPG's, heavy machineguns, flamethrowers, and grenades for infantry as options. i was think this at one point also

-New hulls based on WWII and cold war soviet tanks. ok this one would make for a great DLC

-Artillery vehicles with huge range but little HP or speed. defeats the propose of it being a vehicle, i think it would be better if we juts made a specialized missile artillery, (like the one found in the modern day m270 MLRS)

-Maybe the aformentioned parachute troopers some players have been calling for. i cant see this being easy to implement due to the way the game works

-Maybe some French, Italian, Japanese, etc... tank hulls. again DLC

Please note that these are just cool suggestions and all I want to see is more fun with your game.

and some of my editions:

Soft skinned vehicles (HUMVE, Williys, Kublewagon, ect)

multi-defense mode:
ponyus wrote:a typical scenario would play like this; each side has one base. the goal is the same as in the gamemode you have now, to get your units past the enemy defences. The twist here is that you have to keep the enemy out of your base at the same time. The team that scores the most victory points is the winner.

the maps have to be designed with fewer defencive positions, so that no team gets an impenetrable defence. the maps would probably also need to be a bit bigger to fit both those bases.

thats about all i got at the moment. as this is a community forum, feel free to come with your own ideas and suggestions (and even say if you think my idea is stupid)

and other game modes

a Suggestion Forum for GTB
having a job has allowed me to understand why Archduke Astro has no time to work on his mods

Return to “General”