Tractor Beam weight

You think pulse lasers should be slightly more purple? This is the forum to spread your wise words
Sorcerer
Line Manager
Line Manager

Tractor Beam weight

Postby Sorcerer » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:37 am

I have been encountering challenges with laser fighters so fast that neither tractor beam can slow them down enough to be hit, even by fast tracking weapons.
I suggest increasing the weight of both tractor beams significantly, or, have tractor weight increase with the current speed of the target in non-linear fashion.
Sorcerer
Line Manager
Line Manager

Re: Tractor Beam weight

Postby Sorcerer » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:02 am

Checking the history of Tractor balancing, it appears that diminishing tractor strength with damage (while cool) has the side effect of strengthening fighters...

Re: [1.15] Short List of Issues
Postby cliffski on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:40 pm
I've checked and tractor beams definitely still work when damaged, and they also will not acquire a new target if ECM jammed.
I've changed them, however so that they now diminish in tractor strength (beam weight) as they take damage.
I also doubled the rate at which tractor beams look for new targets once they are recharged, and you can now view the range of a tractor beam on the battle screen like any other turret, plus see its range on the module details.

Return to “Suggestions”