"Frigates Inoperable"?

You think pulse lasers should be slightly more purple? This is the forum to spread your wise words
Tek0516
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

"Frigates Inoperable"?

Postby Tek0516 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:16 pm

While you can make fighters and cruisers inoperable in custom scenarios, you can't do so with frigates. Now I understand this is probably due to a lower usability, but I'd still really like to see this.
Berny_74
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: "Frigates Inoperable"?

Postby Berny_74 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:09 am

Tek0516 wrote:While you can make fighters and cruisers inoperable in custom scenarios, you can't do so with frigates. Now I understand this is probably due to a lower usability, but I'd still really like to see this.

Ensure that "all ships require engines" are checked when making your scenario and then limit frigate engines to 0 in the supply limits. This essentially ensures that frigates are not deployable as they need the engine to be deployed - but you have removed the engines in the supply limits.

Berny
Of course nothing to say now.
GATC
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby GATC » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:22 am

The only problem is that this doesn't work if there is modded frigate thruster.
(For example, this doesn't work against the Frtiolg!)
Xedilco are coming for you! http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5506
AcePalarum
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby AcePalarum » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:29 pm

GATC wrote:The only problem is that this doesn't work if there is modded frigate thruster.
(For example, this doesn't work against the Frtiolg!)

This was my thought as well - several of my modded races have custom engines for various ship classes.

It would be nice to have a "no frigates allowed" map condition. Of course, it makes for an extremely easy path to making a map where you literally can't do anything (I'll assume folks can figure out how I mean). So it's a bit of give-and-take. Personally I see the lack of no-frigate maps as a way to get players to actually use frigates now and then. Make a frigate-only map and watch the fireworks!
While my ability to succeed is finite, my capacity for failure knows no bounds.
*Basement Tinkerer and OCD Savant of the Friendly Community Mod Squad*

Mods: Matmos Rift, Antares Expanse, Great Powers Stations

Return to “Suggestions”