Little Pack of Important Suggestions

You think pulse lasers should be slightly more purple? This is the forum to spread your wise words
WarStalkeR
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Little Pack of Important Suggestions

Postby WarStalkeR » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:43 am

I will make as much as I can compressed, yet understandable...

Races [config]:
use_unrestricted_modules = 1 => default is 1. If 0 then race can't use modules that doesn't "restricted" row.
custom_debris = new_debris.dds => allows use of custom debris graphics.
escapepod = new_escapepod.dds => allows use of custom escape pod graphics. Replaces "escapepodid" row.
repairbot = new_repairbot .dds => allows use of custom repair bot graphics. Replaces "repairbotid" row.
contrail = new_contrail .dds => allows use of custom repair bot graphics. Replaces "repairbotid" row.
music_defense = protect.ogg => msuic, that player hears, when fights against this race. Replaces 'music" row.
music_offense = attack.ogg => music, that player hears, when playing for this race. If this row not added, used "music_defense" of races, that is attacked by you (vanilla mode).

Weapons [config]:
custom_missile = new_missile.dds => custom missile texture, like custom bullet texture. SIM_MissileModule only.
custom_plasma = new_plasma.dds => custom plasma texture, like custom bullet texture. SIM_PlasmaLauncherModule only.
custom_limpet = new_limpet.dds => custom limpet texture, like custom bullet texture. SIM_LimpetLauncher.
custom_radiation = new_radiation.dds => custom radiation effect texture. Affects missile/bullet if playload is RADIATION.
custom_flare = new_flare.dds => custom flare texture for missile/rocket. SIM_MissileModule only.
custom_trail = new_trail.dds => custom trail texture for missile/rocket. SIM_MissileModule only.
custom_splines = new_splines.dds => custom splines texture for missile/rocket. SIM_MissileModule only.
lightning_speed = 200 => how much time takes to switch between lightning texture frame in milliseconds. SIM_LightningGunModule only.
ecm_sound = new_zapper.ogg => sound for EMP gun, really needs one. SIM_ECMShockModule only.
cloak_sound = something_epic.ogg => sound of cloaking/decloaking of ship. SIM_CamoflageShieldModule only.

Well, thats all for now, what I've remembered at 4:00 AM, before going to work :)
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: Little Pack of Important Suggestions

Postby Praetors » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:44 am

Awesome list of suggestions, hopefully cliff will make reality some of them :)
PI: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5698
TP: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6928
TG: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7659

Engineer of the Friendly Community Mod Squad.
WarStalkeR
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby WarStalkeR » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:15 pm

The level of difficulty to add these functions to GSB are same as adding custom bullet graphics or new damage type. Because it's Cliff's game engine, only he knows how hard or how easy it will be :)
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:33 pm

WarStalkeR wrote:custom_plasma = new_plasma.dds => custom plasma texture, like custom bullet texture. SIM_PlasmaLauncherModule only.

I'm adding this to the next patch:
9) Support for modding plasma torpedoes to use style CUSTOM and plasma_texture = "texture.dds" for custom effects
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Praetors » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:24 pm

cliffski wrote:
WarStalkeR wrote:custom_plasma = new_plasma.dds => custom plasma texture, like custom bullet texture. SIM_PlasmaLauncherModule only.

I'm adding this to the next patch:
9) Support for modding plasma torpedoes to use style CUSTOM and plasma_texture = "texture.dds" for custom effects

Oh hell yeah! Thanks Cliff!! =D
PI: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5698
TP: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6928
TG: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7659

Engineer of the Friendly Community Mod Squad.
AcePalarum
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby AcePalarum » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:49 pm

cliffski wrote: I'm adding this to the next patch:

Now the big question, will the custom plasma textures be animated the way the standard plasma is? Because I assume that will make a huge difference in the type of texture one chooses for new plasma weapons.

I like it either way.
While my ability to succeed is finite, my capacity for failure knows no bounds.
*Basement Tinkerer and OCD Savant of the Friendly Community Mod Squad*

Mods: Matmos Rift, Antares Expanse, Great Powers Stations
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:16 pm

I assumed people would not want that, so it's just an un-animated sprite that flies through space.
darkstar076
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby darkstar076 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:44 pm

cliffski wrote:I assumed people would not want that, so it's just an un-animated sprite that flies through space.

well, there are a few people that would like animated custom plasma sprites
Wisdom is something you generally obtain around three seconds after you needed it the most
-=Modding Guru & Egon Spengler of the Friendly Community Mod Squad=-

Return to “Suggestions”