Berny_74's Sniper frigates challenge

Discussion of current challenges, tournaments, and general discussion about anything relating to the online challenges part of GSB
tiger74
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Berny_74's Sniper frigates challenge

Postby tiger74 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:41 am

Has anyone been able to beat Berny's sniper frigate challenge (4970964) using races other than Outcast iself?
I've tried numerous times (and boiling blood pressure), but can only beat it using snipers too.
I think Berny's sniper frigates tactic is the ultimate unbeatable setup? ^^
--
tiger74
Captain (new recruit)
Cruiser of His Perfect Saucer "HPS Unbelievable" (who the hell named this cruiser?)
AcePalarum
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: Berny_74's Sniper frigates challenge

Postby AcePalarum » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:24 pm

I was going to try out this challenge; then I actually looked at the deployment and the restrictions.

I intend no offense to anyone, but I find frigate spam vs. frigate spam boring as hell to watch. Pass.

(And again, no offense intended anywhere, but severe restrictions kind of poke holes in the "ultimate unbeatable" categorization. It becomes what is known as an "overly narrow superlative".)
While my ability to succeed is finite, my capacity for failure knows no bounds.
*Basement Tinkerer and OCD Savant of the Friendly Community Mod Squad*

Mods: Matmos Rift, Antares Expanse, Great Powers Stations
Berny_74
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Berny_74 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:11 pm

It was supposed to be restrictive. I was trying to see how powerful the snipe laser really was - and for frigate on frigates I think it will defeat anything out there including rushes. The accuracy and power of it is pretty awesome. But I by no means consider it a super weapon like the unnerfed ISB or flak cannon since it does bounce of a cruiser shields.

As of yet I think the only defeats have been from similarly armed frigates with a differing deployment.

As for restrictions and sizes I think Defend Caspian IV is the best and most suitable map for fun times.

Berny_74
Then there's dear god.
BTW Tiger - I won, but your fighters chewed me up in the end after the victory conditions appeared I will try and resend @ a later time
dafrandle
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby dafrandle » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:24 am

oh yeah, when i finaly make enought to buy the outcast im going to send my Praetorian frigates in and you will die
having a job has allowed me to understand why Archduke Astro has no time to work on his mods

Return to “Challenges and Tournaments”