Invincible ships?

Discussion of current challenges, tournaments, and general discussion about anything relating to the online challenges part of GSB
Tek0516
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: Invincible ships?

Postby Tek0516 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:41 am

GATC wrote:
Tek0516 wrote:I also notice a "shield stability" bar, and often see weaponry bypass shields (only missiles so far)

Missile can't pass trough the shield, put a fighter with a short range missile launcher under a shield and you will see the missile explode instantly went fired (and hit the shield BTW).

It seems one of your mods would disagree. As you know, there was only one enemy attacker.
screenshot_02-02-2013_18-12-39.jpg
screenshot_02-02-2013_18-12-39.jpg (244.13 KiB) Viewed 3810 times
GATC
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby GATC » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:52 pm

Error!
The actual weapons is under the shield ^^

The slot position is under the shield but the hardpoint is on the ship.
Xedilco are coming for you! http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5506
Tek0516
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Tek0516 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:14 am

GATC wrote:Error!
The actual weapons is under the shield ^^

The slot position is under the shield but the hardpoint is on the ship.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

I have seen many ships, especially vanilla, destroyed by frigate/cruiser weaponry, without the shields ever failing.
GATC
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby GATC » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:19 pm

It's like the Grand Goremaul
As you can see, the weapons circle is far away from it's location on the ship.
In the case of beam weapons, if the circle in below the shield, it bypass it.

Tek0516 wrote:I have seen many ships, especially vanilla, destroyed by frigate/cruiser weaponry, without the shields ever failing.

True and false at the same time.
If you are outside of a shield bubble, you can't damage the ship below with a few exceptions:
1)If you use radiation weapons that can damage the shield, the enemy don't have any armour, there is a chance that the radiation effect directly hit the hull
2)If the ship use multiple shield generator, there is a big chance that one of them "fall" before the other. If there is 4 generator on the ship and one of them run out of shield point, any weapons able to damage the remaining shield will see 1/4 of is damages (on average) striking the hull/armour (3/7 if there is 3 shield gen out of 7 ; 5/29 if there is 5 shield out of 29...)
Xedilco are coming for you! http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5506

Return to “Challenges and Tournaments”