Milestones, Teasers and Trailers.

Welcome to the shipyards. Here you can discuss how to re-calibrate the positronic neutron flow to double power to the aft shields. Or you can discuss how to add new ships, new maps, new scenarios, new modules, etc. have fun!
User avatar
AcePalarum
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:57 pm
Location: Lurking Right Behind You

Re: Milestones, Teasers and Trailers.

Postby AcePalarum » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:19 pm

curtis.johnson wrote:40 % done, 2 years ago...

by my calculation, that should mean it'll be done 2-3 years from now.


The 40% estimate includes some progress made since I posted the last teaser. Really it's a matter of getting a week or so with sufficient time to devote to the cause. I've got the broad strokes already laid out, it's just filling in the outlines (both graphically and mechanically) that's proving to be such a time hog.

curtis.johnson wrote:Damn. I wan to use such a huge ship just for s#%*s and giggles. Also, what sort of map would be able to field such a monster?!


A very large one. >:)
While my ability to succeed is finite, my capacity for failure knows no bounds.
*Basement Tinkerer and OCD Savant of the Friendly Community Mod Squad*

Mods: Matmos Rift, Antares Expanse, Great Powers Stations
User avatar
curtis.johnson
Type III Robot
Type III Robot
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:58 pm
Location: The Backbone of Night
Contact:

Re: Milestones, Teasers and Trailers.

Postby curtis.johnson » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:46 pm

AcePalarum wrote:
curtis.johnson wrote:40 % done, 2 years ago...

by my calculation, that should mean it'll be done 2-3 years from now.


The 40% estimate includes some progress made since I posted the last teaser. Really it's a matter of getting a week or so with sufficient time to devote to the cause. I've got the broad strokes already laid out, it's just filling in the outlines (both graphically and mechanically) that's proving to be such a time hog.


Hm. Fair enough. I find it...disappointing though, when I see an awesome trailer or the progress of a mod in development, then can't download it. Same problem I have with Yoma :(

AcePalarum wrote:
curtis.johnson wrote:Damn. I wan to use such a huge ship just for s#%*s and giggles. Also, what sort of map would be able to field such a monster?!


A very large one. >:)


O.o

'kay den. Time to create a new overpowered power generator with which to fill my ships with Orbital MACs.

Also, will it be involved in an NPC scenario? I want to see how Praetorian Industries' Leviathans would do fighting this :D
Download DookCraft Laboratories V1.2:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c95bpd6ubk0h5dh/DookCraft+Laboratories+1.2.zip

Download Enhanced Empire V1.0:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6rxxazdtby4x1a8/Enhanced+Empire+Mod+V1.0.zip
User avatar
AcePalarum
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:57 pm
Location: Lurking Right Behind You

Re: Milestones, Teasers and Trailers.

Postby AcePalarum » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:36 pm

curtis.johnson wrote:Hm. Fair enough. I find it...disappointing though, when I see an awesome trailer or the progress of a mod in development, then can't download it. Same problem I have with Yoma :(


I'm with you here. If all this "real life" garbage would leave me alone, I could actually get the important stuff done. ;)

curtis.johnson wrote:Also, will it be involved in an NPC scenario? I want to see how Praetorian Industries' Leviathans would do fighting this :D


In point of fact, the main intent of the Devastator is to be one NPC scenario. I may go so far as to "hide" all the Devastator modules like I did with The Enemy (http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9970), since there will only be a few hulls available anyway (and as noted, the Devastator itself is not deployable on most if not all of the standard maps).
While my ability to succeed is finite, my capacity for failure knows no bounds.
*Basement Tinkerer and OCD Savant of the Friendly Community Mod Squad*

Mods: Matmos Rift, Antares Expanse, Great Powers Stations
User avatar
curtis.johnson
Type III Robot
Type III Robot
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:58 pm
Location: The Backbone of Night
Contact:

Re: Milestones, Teasers and Trailers.

Postby curtis.johnson » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:30 pm

AcePalarum wrote:
curtis.johnson wrote:Hm. Fair enough. I find it...disappointing though, when I see an awesome trailer or the progress of a mod in development, then can't download it. Same problem I have with Yoma :(


I'm with you here. If all this "real life" garbage would leave me alone, I could actually get the important stuff done. ;)

curtis.johnson wrote:Also, will it be involved in an NPC scenario? I want to see how Praetorian Industries' Leviathans would do fighting this :D


In point of fact, the main intent of the Devastator is to be one NPC scenario. I may go so far as to "hide" all the Devastator modules like I did with The Enemy (http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9970), since there will only be a few hulls available anyway (and as noted, the Devastator itself is not deployable on most if not all of the standard maps).


Ah! A boss battle. Interesting...

Perhaps I could try pitting an Empire fleet against it. I'm practically 99% done with a new mod which essentially just buffs the Empire. Seriously. I need like, half an hour more and I'm done. So I wonder how the IWP Soulfire beams will do against such a...

...a...

...O.o

What class of ship is that?! Larger than PInd Leviathans I'm guessing. What could possibly be larger O.o
Download DookCraft Laboratories V1.2:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c95bpd6ubk0h5dh/DookCraft+Laboratories+1.2.zip

Download Enhanced Empire V1.0:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6rxxazdtby4x1a8/Enhanced+Empire+Mod+V1.0.zip
User avatar
AcePalarum
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:57 pm
Location: Lurking Right Behind You

Re: Milestones, Teasers and Trailers.

Postby AcePalarum » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:59 pm

curtis.johnson wrote:What class of ship is that?! Larger than PInd Leviathans I'm guessing. What could possibly be larger O.o


If pressed, I would give it a "Planetoid" class. Really, one of the toughest parts of battling (and balancing) the Devastator is the lack of Z-value in GSB and how it interacts with large hulls. Since fighters are the only class capable of actually flying across the hull, and a weapon has to reach to the target's centroid in order to fire, I have to be careful not to make it so large that most of the available cruiser/frigate weapons can't reach the centroid from the edge.
While my ability to succeed is finite, my capacity for failure knows no bounds.
*Basement Tinkerer and OCD Savant of the Friendly Community Mod Squad*

Mods: Matmos Rift, Antares Expanse, Great Powers Stations
User avatar
curtis.johnson
Type III Robot
Type III Robot
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:58 pm
Location: The Backbone of Night
Contact:

Re: Milestones, Teasers and Trailers.

Postby curtis.johnson » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:40 pm

AcePalarum wrote:
curtis.johnson wrote:What class of ship is that?! Larger than PInd Leviathans I'm guessing. What could possibly be larger O.o


If pressed, I would give it a "Planetoid" class. Really, one of the toughest parts of battling (and balancing) the Devastator is the lack of Z-value in GSB and how it interacts with large hulls. Since fighters are the only class capable of actually flying across the hull, and a weapon has to reach to the target's centroid in order to fire, I have to be careful not to make it so large that most of the available cruiser/frigate weapons can't reach the centroid from the edge.


wow. Good point. I suppose that's why there aren't mega-boss-battles; they'd be indestructible just because of their size lol.
Download DookCraft Laboratories V1.2:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c95bpd6ubk0h5dh/DookCraft+Laboratories+1.2.zip

Download Enhanced Empire V1.0:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6rxxazdtby4x1a8/Enhanced+Empire+Mod+V1.0.zip

Return to “Gratuitous Modding”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests