[MOD] The Ghosts v0.95

Welcome to the shipyards. Here you can discuss how to re-calibrate the positronic neutron flow to double power to the aft shields. Or you can discuss how to add new ships, new maps, new scenarios, new modules, etc. have fun!
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Re: [MOD] The Ghosts v0.95

Postby cliffski » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:02 pm

Is this mod completely free of copyrighted imagery? If so, I m happy to host it on my server here permanently for free if you'd like?
Tek0516
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Tek0516 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:20 pm

An OP issue here.

If you start a scenario (or in my current case, a survival) where they have no plasma or anything like that with the extremely high 50+ shield penetration my ghost fleet becomes invincible.

I was doing GATC's Recon at Andromeda (the stand-alone one) and my surviving 3 cruisers (I believe the rest fell due to overwhelmed systems when their frigates started chain reactions) are just sitting there demolishing the stations as they spawn, taking 0 damage.
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Praetors » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:07 pm

cliffski wrote:Is this mod completely free of copyrighted imagery?

Every ship was made by only applying simple mirroring effects to a few of your own Swarm ships, thus they are only under your copyrights (you have copyrights, yes?).
cliffski wrote: If so, I m happy to host it on my server here permanently for free if you'd like?

The answer is yes! I would love that =D

Tek0516 wrote:An OP issue here.

If you start a scenario (or in my current case, a survival) where they have no plasma or anything like that with the extremely high 50+ shield penetration my ghost fleet becomes invincible.

I was doing GATC's Recon at Andromeda (the stand-alone one) and my surviving 3 cruisers (I believe the rest fell due to overwhelmed systems when their frigates started chain reactions) are just sitting there demolishing the stations as they spawn, taking 0 damage.

Actually, heavy plasmas can penetrate those Discordia Heavy Siege Cruisers (their real name). And it should be the only vainilla weapon with enough penetration.
Also, fighter tactics are really effective against the Discordia cruisers, you just have to focus on taking out any other anti-fighter ship and helping your fighters to reach the minimum possible range to avoid the target's anti-fighter weapons. If you do that, the cruiser will be dead within seconds ;)

BUT, if you (and anyone else) wants me nerfing that shield a bit i have no problem! It is still a bit OP. So, do you want me doing it?
PI: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5698
TP: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6928
TG: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7659

Engineer of the Friendly Community Mod Squad.
Tigermisu
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby Tigermisu » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:30 pm

I'm having trouble downloading the file: it tells me there are no mirrors with the file, I have already tried multiple times across multiple days, help? :(
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:26 pm

Tigermisu wrote:I'm having trouble downloading the file: it tells me there are no mirrors with the file, I have already tried multiple times across multiple days, help? :(

The mod has been mirrored on our server here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7787
Enjoy...
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Praetors » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:19 pm

cliffski wrote:
Tigermisu wrote:I'm having trouble downloading the file: it tells me there are no mirrors with the file, I have already tried multiple times across multiple days, help? :(

The mod has been mirrored on our server here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7787
Enjoy...

Sorry, didn't had time to add that mirror to the first page of this topic, adding now ^^

Again, thank you very much for the mirror sir =D

Tek0516
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: [MOD] The Ghosts WIP

Postby Tek0516 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:56 am

Praetors wrote:
Tek0516 wrote:Alright, downloaded that video... augh... my cheap graphics processor. Looks pretty epic, but I can barely watch it on my PC. I know it's downloaded, but I'd swear the video was buffering.

Sorry, my bad; I compiled the video at super super HD lol

Now that I finally upgraded, I was able to watch it with no visible lag. Pretty awesome.
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Praetors » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:44 pm

Pic of The Day: New Scenario

The Invisible Hand: Fight against the Main ghost warfleet over the remnants of Avalon, the Necron Homeplanet in the Gratuitous Universe!
Avaliable in v1.0

Thoughts?
Enjoy!

TheSauron
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby TheSauron » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Praetors, my master!

Your mods are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING!
I very enjoyed the Praetorian Industries (specially Panthea Cruiser).
But I have a small idea. Your mods soundtracks are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING! So I'm asking you, why you wouldn't make a small mod that changes battle soundtrack for original and DLC races? I'm sorry to say that, but original music sucks :/ (sorry for that cliffski)

I hope you will, my master. :D
Yay!
Archduke Astro
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby Archduke Astro » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:32 pm

TheSauron wrote:why you wouldn't make a small mod that changes battle soundtrack for original and DLC races?

"Why wouldn't he?"

I'm going to skip right past the entire subject of whether it's right or not for Praetors to do such a thing. You clearly believe that it is right (hint: it isn't), but humor me for just a moment.

Probably, I think that he wouldn't do it because despite the current (but ever-changing...) odds of getting caught, the frequently immense amount of fines for copyright infringement if you DO get caught isn't worth the risk. It's not always the downloading people who get into trouble; the copyright-holders have a special interest in nailing the uploading person to the wall. Feel free to chuckle about that if you like and believe yourself "too lucky to ever get caught," but I'm not done yet...

Or he wouldn't, because file-hosts are now getting more skilled at detecting hashes of known copyrighted music within .ZIP and .RAR archives that people upload.

Or he wouldn't, because not all royalty-free music comes without an up-front cash cost, either.

Or he wouldn't, because he already knows that creating legal liability for this website and its owner is not a good idea.

Or last of all, maybe Praetors wouldn't do it because he knows exactly how Cliff Harris, GSB's developer, feels about copyright infringement.

Do not make this sort of request again.
•• Positech Global Moderator & Forum Sheriff ••
GSB "Combined-Arms Combat" Advocate & Analyst
Enemy of Forum Lulz | Defender of Faction Diversity

∞∆……CURATOR OF CREATIVE CONCEPTS for GSB's Friendly Community Mod Squad……∆∞
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Praetors » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:03 am

Sorry sauron, but i cannot do that. I like to create new things with what the game gives me, not to modify the ones that already exist. GSBs music is great in my opinion, thus i will not change it.
But i'm really happy to read that you enjoyed so much Praetorian Industries Mod, actually, many persons should be happy. PI Mod is the result of the combined efforts of lots of modders! (check the readme!).

TheSauron
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby TheSauron » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:11 pm

Ok, ok I will sit quietly...

Sorry for trouble...
Yay!
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Praetors » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:38 pm

TheSauron wrote:Ok, ok I will sit quietly...

Sorry for trouble...

No problem man :)

Redd13
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Postby Redd13 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Don't know much about legal junk, but from GW's copyright page, the term Necron is at least a trademark of theirs (picked out in bold) and they do tend to clamp down on people using their terms:

Below you will find information about Games Workshop's Copyrights and Trademarks. If you are interested in using Games Workshop's images and logos on your own web site, we have something you should read first:

COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS
Last updated: 01 January 2010

COPYRIGHTS
All artwork and logos on this site and all the images contained therein have been produced either in-house or as work for hire. The exclusive copyright in the logos and artwork, including the images it depicts, is the property of Games Workshop Limited. © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2013.
All subject matter in White Dwarf is © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2013.
All artwork in all Games Workshop products, and all images contained therein have been produced either in-house or as work for hire. All rights reserved.

TRADEMARK INFORMATION
Adeptus Astartes, Battlefleet Gothic, Black Flame, Black Library, the Black Library logo, BL Publishing, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Blood Bowl, the Blood Bowl logo, The Blood Bowl Spike Device, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos device, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, City of the Damned, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Dark Future, the Double-Headed/Imperial Eagle device, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Epic, Eye of Terror, Fanatic, the Fanatic logo, the Fanatic II logo, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, the Hammer of Sigmar logo, Horned Rat logo, Inferno, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khemri, Khorne, Kroot, Lord of Change, Marauder, Mordheim, the Mordheim logo, Necromunda, Necromunda stencil logo, Necromunda Plate logo, Necron, Nurgle, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Skaven, the Skaven symbol devices, Slaanesh, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Talisman, Tau, the Tau caste designations, Tomb Kings, Trio of Warriors, Twin Tailed Comet Logo, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, Ultramarines, Warhammer, Warhammer Historical, Warhammer Online, Warhammer 40k Device, Warhammer World logo, Warmaster, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations illustrations and images from the Blood Bowl game, the Warhammer world, the Talisaman world, and the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2013, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. All Rights Reserved

If you have any queries, please contact the GW legal department at:
Games Workshop Group PLC
Willow Road, Lenton,
Nottingham
NG7 2WS
UK
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Praetors » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:58 pm

Then we should not have any problem, the name of the race that returned as The Ghosts was The Necros, not Necrons ;D

EDIT: Just wanting to know, if they were named Necron instead of Necros, there would be some kind of legal problem? Cuz i can see some other words like "Marauder". That word has been used to name LOTS of ships and stuff in other games... just saying....

Return to “Gratuitous Modding”