Battlestar Galactica Colonial Fleet Mod - Please Help!

Welcome to the shipyards. Here you can discuss how to re-calibrate the positronic neutron flow to double power to the aft shields. Or you can discuss how to add new ships, new maps, new scenarios, new modules, etc. have fun!
Unwoundpath
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Re: Battlestar Galactica Colonial Fleet Mod

Postby Unwoundpath » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:08 pm

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone have a updated download for this? Seems none of them are working.
l4fngm4n
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

Postby l4fngm4n » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Unwoundpath wrote:Sorry for the bump, but does anyone have a updated download for this? Seems none of them are working.

Same as above :)
ThePorkchopExpress
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Postby ThePorkchopExpress » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:05 pm

I'm having some health issues along with a temperamental isp.

I'll try and re upload everything this weekend.. I'll also try and revamp it into a simpler package so it will go in like an expansion rather than the jury rigged way I have it now.
ThePorkchopExpress
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Re: Battlestar Galactica Colonial Fleet Mod - Please Help!

Postby ThePorkchopExpress » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:50 pm

Would anyone want to take over this modding project from me?

I've already done the graphics work on the ships, fighters, cruisers, destroyers, frigates, and fighters plus the civilian craft.

I've made plenty of components including engines, rail guns, gauss guns, nukes, missiles, regular old school cannons, gatling guns, pea shooters, sharpened sticks, various types of armour, repair crews, flight deck crews, emp shielding, power gens, crew quarters, some silly gag weapons, flak guns, point defense guns, etc.

I tried to go off what I saw on TV. If set up right, Colonial Battlestars would be suicidal to approach in a fighter. Battlestars also have a tendency to blow up everything nearby when they themselves blow'd up...

Bottom line? I'm too ill to really try and balance things out more for playability and quality. Maybe I could later update what someone else chooses to refine, keep everything organized... plus being stuck with Hughesnet as my ISP does not make my case any stronger.

Last count was 54 ships and 135 modules, with varying attributes,. point costs and etc. to allow more flexibility.

Preliminary work on the Cylons has started. The graphics part is nearly finished. In fact you'll be able to play a couple of captured Cylon craft as the Colonial player.

But like I said, I'm gonna need some major help from one of you in the modding community. Please post here if you're interested and able to do the job. I need someone who's got enough experienc e modding GSB to do a good job with this, and is also interested in Galactica in general.Thanks.

~ bob
Lonestar
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Lonestar » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:41 am

ThePorkchopExpress wrote:Would anyone want to take over this modding project from me?

I've already done the graphics work on the ships, fighters, cruisers, destroyers, frigates, and fighters plus the civilian craft.

I've made plenty of components including engines, rail guns, gauss guns, nukes, missiles, regular old school cannons, gatling guns, pea shooters, sharpened sticks, various types of armour, repair crews, flight deck crews, emp shielding, power gens, crew quarters, some silly gag weapons, flak guns, point defense guns, etc.

I tried to go off what I saw on TV. If set up right, Colonial Battlestars would be suicidal to approach in a fighter. Battlestars also have a tendency to blow up everything nearby when they themselves blow'd up...

Bottom line? I'm too ill to really try and balance things out more for playability and quality. Maybe I could later update what someone else chooses to refine, keep everything organized... plus being stuck with Hughesnet as my ISP does not make my case any stronger.

Last count was 54 ships and 135 modules, with varying attributes,. point costs and etc. to allow more flexibility.

Preliminary work on the Cylons has started. The graphics part is nearly finished. In fact you'll be able to play a couple of captured Cylon craft as the Colonial player.

But like I said, I'm gonna need some major help from one of you in the modding community. Please post here if you're interested and able to do the job. I need someone who's got enough experienc e modding GSB to do a good job with this, and is also interested in Galactica in general.Thanks.

~ bob

If you are willing to make a write up of certain guidelines as to how you would like the rough draft of this to go, and no one else steps forward, I can try to do it. I want to finish off my eve-online mod but i have not heard back from the the one guy I had help me with it and form another that helped me with homeworld 2 mod art. I do know a thing or two about coding the ships and modules, but I am not too good with BSG.

Lonestar

The lone yet bright star in the darkness...
Chant778
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Chant778 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:15 pm

Lonestar wrote:
ThePorkchopExpress wrote:Would anyone want to take over this modding project from me?

If you are willing to make a write up of certain guidelines as to how you would like the rough draft of this to go, and no one else steps forward, I can try to do it. I want to finish off my eve-online mod but i have not heard back from the the one guy I had help me with it and form another that helped me with homeworld 2 mod art. I do know a thing or two about coding the ships and modules, but I am not too good with BSG.

Lonestar

The lone yet bright star in the darkness...

I'd be more than willing to help Lonestar, I'm a great fan of BSG and would love to help get this project running
ThePorkchopExpress
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Postby ThePorkchopExpress » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:34 pm

Graphically everything is done. Ships, modules, guns, ect. I've kinda over did it with the components maybe. I designed rail guns, Gauss cannons, regular artillery and small cannons. In all bunches of sizes shapes and colours.

In terms of ships I have all the official ones from the show I could find and everything from the Starship Schematics site. Cobbled together one or two of my own from fan ships and stuff.

I divided the ships into several classes which have certain gear only they can use based on power requirements. The point of all the different types of weapons, engines, armors, repair crew, scanners, ect was to give the players plenty of flex ability in their designs in the hopes they can cram the very last bit of "pew pew" into the ship. Plus I was hoping the wide variety would allow for tons of combinations in the hopes of having some staying power.

I tried to give each some trait that warrant their existence:
Battleships
Battlestars
Battlecruisers
Heavy Cruisers
Light Cruisers
Destroyers
Frigates
Corvettes
Torpedo boats ect
then the variety of civilian ships

plus 5 fighters 2 bombers and 2 shuttles... and a Van with free candy.

Basically the gear and the ships require a little more in the way of balancing

At the moment I have the mod installed in a crude fashion. All the modules are crammed into the Federations race sheet. I'm un aware how to make it a separate add-on race.
Chant778
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Chant778 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:27 pm

ThePorkchopExpress wrote:
At the moment I have the mod installed in a crude fashion. All the modules are crammed into the Federations race sheet. I'm un aware how to make it a separate add-on race.

I actually pieced together everything I could find on the forum a while back, it works, but it breaks every other race. :S
If you could get all the files together, I could probably sort it and get it fixed.
Black--snow
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Postby Black--snow » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:16 am

Chant778 wrote:
ThePorkchopExpress wrote:

I actually pieced together everything I could find on the forum a while back, it works, but it breaks every other race. :S
If you could get all the files together, I could probably sort it and get it fixed.

In my (Maybe gonna be public) mod that i'm working on I got the race working, but the migration of all the files seemed to have angered the gods of enabling ships and I forgot to edit their text files.

If you need any help I'm completely bored - 24 hours to kill everyday, I can't kill 'em all -
BattlestarAtlantia
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby BattlestarAtlantia » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:11 pm

I did not find any hulls in the download links.I got the race but not any ships.Please help me!
Battlestar Atlantia
ThePorkchopExpress
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Postby ThePorkchopExpress » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:52 am

I'm working on finishing it up after a very long illness. At 1st I will intoduce s few weapoms and ships you're not overwhelmed nt the 30+ ships
made and 100 modules made will.
Nicoli17
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Nicoli17 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:50 pm

In case anyone is interested (and porkchop, not trying to take anything away from your Mod as it did 99.9% of the work!)

When both the BSG mods that were kicking around sort of tailored off a bit I took elements from both and got several ships workable and into the game. (I HAD to have battlestars in GSB lol)

If anyone wants my files for them they are welcome to them,
hardcoregamer.exe
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby hardcoregamer.exe » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:28 pm

Hello, I am sincerely sorry for bumping such an old topic, but I NEED BSG ships in my GSB game, but the download wont work (the mediafire link), the page says the file no longer exists, does anyone know where I can find the download for the mod< please help, THANK YOU!
AK4Beer
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby AK4Beer » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:33 pm

Admiral Harken wrote:Partial Success! The Colonials have appeared as a race. However, they have no ships.... I wonder if you forgot to put the data/hulls entries in? I put the ones from a previous download in, and an error came up when I tried to go into ship design saying there was a problem with turret mapping?

However, IT ALMOST WORKED!! :D

Admiral Harken wrote:Scratch my last! IT WORKS!!! Permission to wave hands in the air and scream: "It's aliiiiiiiiiiive!!" :D

Will now play until my eyeballs melt!

Can someone please upload the 'data/hulls entries" ? I have run into the same problem after down loading all the files and I unfortunately do not have an older downloaded file to use :( Thank you.

Return to “Gratuitous Modding”