[MOD] **Classic Dreadnoughts** now in service!

Welcome to the shipyards. Here you can discuss how to re-calibrate the positronic neutron flow to double power to the aft shields. Or you can discuss how to add new ships, new maps, new scenarios, new modules, etc. have fun!
Bullethead
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Re: [MOD] **Classic Dreadnoughts** now in service!

Postby Bullethead » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:10 am

I'm more of a mint chocolate chip guy myself, especially with a bit of amoretto poured on top :).

But be that as it may, Classic Dreadnoughts rock! And I'm following Archduke's advice that those races that have them use them instead of cruisers as their main battle line.

AND, those races that have them can use their engines and power generators in normal cruisers. It's like how some real navies got turbines while others were still stuck with reciprocating engines for a while.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Bullethead
Nihil iniquius quam aequitatem nimis intendere
In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria
Tek0516
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Tek0516 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:10 am

Bullethead wrote:I'm more of a mint chocolate chip guy myself, especially with a bit of amoretto poured on top :).

But be that as it may, Classic Dreadnoughts rock! And I'm following Archduke's advice that those races that have them use them instead of cruisers as their main battle line.

AND, those races that have them can use their engines and power generators in normal cruisers. It's like how some real navies got turbines while others were still stuck with reciprocating engines for a while.

Well they don't call them "The Great Powers" for nothing.

Personally I tend to use a couple of them as a sort of command ship for each of my fleet's formations. I also seem to avoid using the Dreadnought modules on mine, can't really explain why. I also almost never use modded content on vanilla hulls. I guess I like to try and keep a kind of purity or something.
jus7addwater
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby jus7addwater » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:24 pm

I installed your Dread mod, but the game crashes upon launch. Any tips?

Fixed the crashing, but the mod itself won;t run. Extracted to my GSB folder in steam.
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Praetors » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:03 pm

I was also going to ask if Astro was going to release another bunch of deadly and beatiful dreads for the other races ^^
PI: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5698
TP: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6928
TG: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7659

Engineer of the Friendly Community Mod Squad.
darkstar076
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby darkstar076 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:11 pm

jus7addwater wrote:I installed your Dread mod, but the game crashes upon launch. Any tips?

Fixed the crashing, but the mod itself won;t run. Extracted to my GSB folder in steam.

Have a read from here, it might answer your question
Wisdom is something you generally obtain around three seconds after you needed it the most
-=Modding Guru & Egon Spengler of the Friendly Community Mod Squad=-
Archduke Astro
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby Archduke Astro » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Praetors wrote:I was also going to ask if Astro was going to release another bunch of deadly and beatiful dreads for the other races ^^

I'm sorry for missing your post, Praetors! [-blush-] That same question has been asked of me more than once, and the answer hasn't changed much since then.

But it is going to happen, and through a means -- and alongside other creations of mine -- that I doubt anyone's expecting. So: consider it to be a "when it happens," not an "if it happens".
•• Positech Global Moderator & Forum Sheriff ••
GSB "Combined-Arms Combat" Advocate & Analyst
Enemy of Forum Lulz | Defender of Faction Diversity

∞∆……CURATOR OF CREATIVE CONCEPTS for GSB's Friendly Community Mod Squad……∆∞
Archduke Astro
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby Archduke Astro » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:56 pm

Ladies, gentlemen,
and plucky starship crew of all species
:

It is my very great honor to announce that

my Classic Dreadnoughts mod has just racked up...

..........TWO THOUSAND downloads!!!

I've updated the first post of this thread with today's satisfying news.

To date, the Windows edition has been downloaded 1767 times, and the Mac OS X edition has been downloaded 261 times. While I wish that the Mac numbers were higher, they still have 14.8% of the whole.

Current grand total downloads stands at 2028 as of this morning. Based on Cliff's prior mention that GSB has sold over 100,000 copies, that means my Classic Dreadnoughts mod has been downloaded by about two percent of everybody who bought the game. That's really quite impressive. I hope that my updated & massively expanded future revisions to the CDN mod -- presently in progress, and accelerating! (thank God) -- are received as warmly and enthusiastically as the original.

To all of you who "put me on the map" by showing your support so strongly, you have my thanks and appreciation. I'll put your good feelings to use by immediately getting back to work on the mighty mod package that this creation was meant to be since its beginning.....
•• Positech Global Moderator & Forum Sheriff ••
GSB "Combined-Arms Combat" Advocate & Analyst
Enemy of Forum Lulz | Defender of Faction Diversity

∞∆……CURATOR OF CREATIVE CONCEPTS for GSB's Friendly Community Mod Squad……∆∞
AcePalarum
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby AcePalarum » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Archduke Astro wrote:Ladies, gentlemen,
and plucky starship crew of all species
:

It is my very great honor to announce that

my Classic Dreadnoughts mod has just racked up...

..........TWO THOUSAND downloads!!!

Well done, and well deserved sir!

Archduke Astro wrote:I hope that my updated & massively expanded future revisions to the CDN mod -- presently in progress, and accelerating! (thank God) -- are received as warmly and enthusiastically as the original.

Judging from the forum response and my own enjoyment at using these starfaring megaliths, I'd say that's a safe bet. :)
While my ability to succeed is finite, my capacity for failure knows no bounds.
*Basement Tinkerer and OCD Savant of the Friendly Community Mod Squad*

Mods: Matmos Rift, Antares Expanse, Great Powers Stations
Tek0516
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Tek0516 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:18 am

I give my congratulations as well. I personally almost never go into battle without this mod. ;)
Cen2050
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Cen2050 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:13 am

Two-Thousand downloads...congratulations are indeed in order my friend

Glad to hear things are progressing on your end...I've started working on Union again too
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Praetors » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:34 pm

two thousands, wow, congratulations sir! Looking fordward to your future releases! =D

cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:51 pm

Archduke Astro wrote:

Current grand total downloads stands at 2028 as of this morning. Based on Cliff's prior mention that GSB has sold over 100,000 copies, that means my Classic Dreadnoughts mod has been downloaded by about two percent of everybody who bought the game. That's really quite impressive.

Indeed, although that still means there are 98,000+ people who might love the mod, but almost certainly just do not know it exists yet. I think we should do something about that :D
I'm open to suggestions, I wonder if linking to the mod from the GSB website would generate a lot of downloads?
BTW I am happy to host downloads of this mod directly, just check out the new stickied post at the top of this forum.
I think what's needed is a good 2 or 3 screenshots, maybe a youtube trailer for it and a single paragraph description that we can use to promote it on my blog at www.cliffski.com, and link to from all over the place. It might be worth me putting together a quick webpage for it on the main GSB site, that should be easy enough to add.

It's also a good idea to mention the mod on the steam forum for the game:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/f ... .php?f=802
And a post on reddits indie game section would probably do well too, although it would be better if that came from the mod author rather than me:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IndieGaming
Cen2050
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Cen2050 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:01 am

At the risk of deviating too far from the thread, I would go so far as to make this entire FORUM more known to many more people. This is an awesome game and close to 100,000 people agree!

There's probably a LOT of people that would like a LOT of the material we've ALL made! Archduke Astro's CDN's might indeed be the proverbial crown jewel of this collection of gems...but it's not the only gem in this wonderful vault.

To say nothing of how many more potential people we could have adding mods to this game if more people knew about this forum.

So I say - spread the word, Cliff! Post and screen shots you can (you are free to use any of my Union pictures) and link to this modding forum as much as possible!
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:22 am

Ok this is my sample page:
http://positech.co.uk/gratuitousspaceba ... ughts.html

I'm very happy to swap out the description, and the screenshots for better replacements if the mod author would like to supply them. I also updated the download link so it's in the same folder as the other mods I've started hosting. Once people are happy with that page, I can do some others and start linking to them from everywhere, and hopefully drive some more mod downloads.
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Praetors » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:51 pm

cliffski wrote:Ok this is my sample page:
http://positech.co.uk/gratuitousspaceba ... ughts.html

I'm very happy to swap out the description, and the screenshots for better replacements if the mod author would like to supply them. I also updated the download link so it's in the same folder as the other mods I've started hosting. Once people are happy with that page, I can do some others and start linking to them from everywhere, and hopefully drive some more mod downloads.

love it!
and.. what is that... oh my......i think i'm seeing a link to the ghosts?! =D =D =D

You should add a downloads counter for each mod, and one for all of them! =D

Return to “Gratuitous Modding”