[MOD] Praetorian Industries v1.2b

Welcome to the shipyards. Here you can discuss how to re-calibrate the positronic neutron flow to double power to the aft shields. Or you can discuss how to add new ships, new maps, new scenarios, new modules, etc. have fun!
darkstar076
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: Praetorian Industries [NEW MODULES] 1-10th Pack Released

Postby darkstar076 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:00 am

Praetors wrote:Nothing is imposible :P

When it comes to modding, thats the best aproach to take - feel free to send me a PM to bounce some ideas off me for this or any other weapons your working on.
Wisdom is something you generally obtain around three seconds after you needed it the most
-=Modding Guru & Egon Spengler of the Friendly Community Mod Squad=-
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: Praetorian Industries [NEW MODULES] 1-10th Pack Released

Postby N3MES1S » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Praetors wrote:
Uhm, yes, its a little overpowered, i will lower the stack effectivneess to 0.975 :P
About the weight, that is the idea, a "heavy Armour" with low weight, it's a evolution of the powered armor, but that HUGE advantage comes with a HUGE cost (i forget to rise it...) and power consumption.
And is "Energy Armour Projector" or (I think I'm wrong in the name construction) "Projected Energy Armour" not "proyector armour" xD

EDIT: after think it a moment, "proyector armour" is right... xP

Well, i know thats the purpose of that armour but still only 15 weight for a cruiser is almost ridiculous. I agree that the weight should be low, but not at that point!! xD. Since a regular armour its about 120 in weight , a value of 50-70 should be better, for example. I tested it, and even if the speed of some cruisers are not out of range, some others can reach speeds of 0.50 and more, and thats a lot of speed for a cruiser..
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: Praetorian Industries [NEW MODULES] 11th Release

Postby Praetors » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:52 pm

Woops, yes, rising a little the weight, but it will still as the armour with less weight ever. :P

Questions:

The blast texture has size limit?
What is the shield radius in range units?
The black is usable and/or visible in game? for blast texture, bullet texture etc etc etc.
If not, how i can get closer to black???
PI: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5698
TP: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6928
TG: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7659

Engineer of the Friendly Community Mod Squad.
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: Praetorian Industries [NEW MODULES] 12th Release

Postby Praetors » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:10 am

12th release turrent bitmaps link removed by author request.
if anyone want to use the modules, will need to change the turret texture to the standard ones until I create some turrets. sorry.

darkstar076
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby darkstar076 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:22 am

Instead of posting up all the turrets, i rather you post up the ones you would like to use for your new weapons. (i will help you with this if you need it)

I do not mind if people use the turrets - but like any modder, i would like them to ask me and to also give me credit for my work.

What annoys me is that in that turret pack is a readme file which had a link back to this forum - a small paragraph that asks people to support GSB and mentions that I created all those variants . . whoever has uploaded this turret group removed that readme file. >:(
Wisdom is something you generally obtain around three seconds after you needed it the most
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Praetors » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:49 am

darkstar076 wrote:Instead of posting up all the turrets, i rather you post up the ones you would like to use for your new weapons. (i will help you with this if you need it)

Im really grateful and yes, i will need help with texture modding, new textures etc etc :D

darkstar076 wrote:I do not mind if people use the turrets - but like any modder, i would like them to ask me and to also give me credit for my work.

Oh, u can be sure what i will give u all the credit by the textures. I would have given you from the beginning I knew that these were yours.

darkstar076 wrote:What annoys me is that in that turret pack is a readme file which had a link back to this forum - a small paragraph that asks people to support GSB and mentions that I created all those variants . . whoever has uploaded this turret group removed that readme file. >:(

I also bothers me that people do that, it's like stealing.

darkstar076
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby darkstar076 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:59 am

you do know that we don't have to use those varient turrets . . if you have an idea for a turret for one of your weapons, then let me know and i will try and make it.
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Praetors » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:29 am

well, im needing new turrent sprites for almost all the weapons what i've created.
But the Ballista, Deadly Flash and LRLR are the most prioritized.
If u can make a big canon similar to the one on the top left (download/file.php?id=508) for the ballista, some kind of canon with a large output for the Deadly flash, bucause it is supposed to disperse particles and a gatlingun with long tubes fir the LRLR.
Just that :P
I will start doing some "concept art" for the weapons, and i need to find a good color scheme for the "Praetorian Weapons" for difference them from the other modded and original weaps.
At the same time, i will continue releasing mods, working on find a way to make effective the area effect weapon (i have some variations in mind), and if u want, i can release your lovely weapon, the descriptions make me laugh xD Oh, and GREAT sprites.

darkstar076
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby darkstar076 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:48 am

If you believe that my Area Effect Weapons that I showed you are worthy of Praetorian Industries, then by all means.
Or you can hang on to them for now - i do not mind which option you choose.
(Please note, they might be released with Unity at a later date, but that wont be for a long while)

I am curently working on the Union Mod, which specilises in BIG weaponry. That should put me in the right frame of mind to come up with a "big cannon" for you.
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Praetors » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:52 am

darkstar076 wrote:If you believe that my Area Effect Weapons that I showed you are worthy of Praetorian Industries, then by all means.

Man, are you saying it serious? these weapons are much more great than mine.

darkstar076 wrote:Or you can hang on to them for now - i do not mind which option you choose.
(Please note, they might be released with Unity at a later date, but that wont be for a long while)

i cant make that choice, you choose, it is your mod!! (i recomend to mantain the suspense until you release the new Uni-t version.). Anyways im really glad that you asked me xD

darkstar076 wrote:I am curently working on the Union Mod, which specilises in BIG weaponry. That should put me in the right frame of mind to come up with a "big cannon" for you.

niiiiice. but hey, not too big, use as reference the bullet, i will like a ship carrying a weapon, not a weapon carrying a ship xD

darkstar076
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby darkstar076 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:07 am

Praetors wrote:niiiiice. but hey, not too big, use as reference the bullet, i will like a ship carrying a weapon, not a weapon carrying a ship xD

Here is an example of the turret / ship i made for ponyus:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5690&start=45#p39584
Based on what your saying, I am assuming that this is too big.

I should be able to work out something/
darkstar076
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby darkstar076 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 am

Praetors wrote: for the ballista, some kind of canon with a large output for the Deadly flash, bucause it is supposed to disperse particles and a gatlingun with long tubes fir the LRLR.
Just that :P
I will start doing some "concept art" for the weapons, and i need to find a good color scheme for the "Praetorian Weapons" for difference them from the other modded and original weaps.

Attempt III
Been tinkering . . In theory:
Balista Cannon / LRLR / Deadly Flash
New Turrets.jpg
Few New Options
New Turrets.jpg (38.21 KiB) Viewed 5517 times

New Turrets Firing.jpg
Quick Ingame Demo
New Turrets Firing.jpg (168.41 KiB) Viewed 5517 times

I might wait for your concept art before i continue working on the turret designs.
BTW - If these are the turrets your not looking for, do not worry they will not go to waste.

I could use them . . . elsewhere
CptFox
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby CptFox » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:56 pm

those are awsome O.O and btw whenever i use the deadly flash it just comes up with a white box as the 'flash'? is this suppost to happen?
.:. Chair-leader for The Friendly Community Mod Squad.:.
Giant Space Zombie Survival: http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6365
darkstar076
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby darkstar076 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:48 pm

The problem is from not having the correct blast texture - in this case
blasttexture = "beam_yellow_shortatlas.dds"

If you look at the first post there is a link to this texture http://www.mediafire.com/?phcnodkdd0h3119
Download it and place it in Gratuitous Space Battles\data\bitmaps\fx

That should fix the problem :)
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Praetors » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:55 pm

OMG, these are perfect, just one thing, if you can and if not too much trouble, they will look great ingame if you change the colors for the bullet colors, i mean, the ballista es perfect because the bullet is green, the LRLR bullet is violet and the Deadly flash beam is yellow-orange so if you can change the colors of the turrent will be great.

Anyways, EPIC guns!

Q: For use this weapons we will need to create a folder with praetorian industries mod as the other mods?
it will be better than add mods to the original folders, but idk how to do it xD

hey wait, OMG they come with custom blast_texture effecs :D :D :D

Return to “Gratuitous Modding”