The Ultimate Mod Compilation thread (01/03/2011)

Welcome to the shipyards. Here you can discuss how to re-calibrate the positronic neutron flow to double power to the aft shields. Or you can discuss how to add new ships, new maps, new scenarios, new modules, etc. have fun!
SirJamon
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: The Ultimate Mod Compilation thread (05/10/2010)

Postby SirJamon » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:05 pm

As I've seen that some of the old mods, like "Fantasy fleet" by hopefast, show signs of broken links around the several links that are found in their threads, I'm adding a new rule for the mods in this list (it's mainly applied for unfinished clearly abandoned mods).

SirJamon wrote:old abandoned mods created for old GSB versions or the ones which I can't assure permanent link stability may not appear in the list

I don't want to start to take down old mods from the list just because their authors suddently stopped supporting their own work LONG AGO. Also, some of them need some tweaking in their codes to run in the newest gsb versions.

I hate having to do this D:

-EDIT-
What I mean is that if a mod is clearly unfinished and abandoned long time ago (nearly 12 months is my definition of long ago), it will dissapear from the list if their mod is hosted in an external storage site (megaupload or similars places where the link could be taken down due to inactivity or whatever else). I'll still list old functional mods which are attached in the forum or are in code form. Also, I may even reupload if there's the case of a COMPLETED mod with its link down.
The only limit is... Your imagination.
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:58 pm

I agree wit u.

And btw, some storage sites like filefront delete the links much earlier than megaupload or other sites.

Hey SirJamon i finally decided how my mod is gonna be named. Because of the extension of the ships number (more than 100) i will divide the mod in 2 parts / selectable races. And the mod itslef will be named "Earth Alliance Vs Outsiders League". Thats the best name i could find, please change it on the first post ;)
darkstar076
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby darkstar076 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:29 am

Hi SirJamon

Could you add Union to the Mod List please
This mod will be a seperate download (once complete) to the Uni-T mod. Work on this mod started at the same time as Uni-T.

Mod: Union
Authors: Cen2050, Darkstar076
Notes: This mod introduces a new race called the Union who have access to powerful new hulls and 2 new classes of turrets Siege and MOAT.
Requirements: Tribe, Order & Swarm
Wisdom is something you generally obtain around three seconds after you needed it the most
-=Modding Guru & Egon Spengler of the Friendly Community Mod Squad=-
SirJamon
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby SirJamon » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:00 pm

darkstar076 wrote:Hi SirJamon

Could you add Union to the Mod List please
This mod will be a seperate download (once complete) to the Uni-T mod. Work on this mod started at the same time as Uni-T.

Mod: Union
Authors: Cen2050, Darkstar076
Notes: This mod introduces a new race called the Union who have access to powerful new hulls and 2 new classes of turrets Siege and MOAT.
Requirements: Tribe, Order & Swarm

Damn it! I knew I was forgetting an active mod >.<
Added to the list just after the Uni-T expansion :)

N3MES1S wrote:Hey SirJamon i finally decided how my mod is gonna be named. Because of the extension of the ships number (more than 100) i will divide the mod in 2 parts / selectable races. And the mod itslef will be named "Earth Alliance Vs Outsiders League". Thats the best name i could find, please change it on the first post ;)

Updated :)
SirJamon
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: The Ultimate Mod Compilation thread (15/10/2010)

Postby SirJamon » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:30 pm

--UPDATED--

Sorry if I didn't update this for a while. I was somewhat busy and I didn't see many activity from lurking the modding forum.

If someone could test the stability of both WWII mods for me it would be really helpful. I've added the links in the 2nd post.
RogerCooper
Line Manager
Line Manager

Re: The Ultimate Mod Compilation thread (19/10/2010)

Postby RogerCooper » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:02 am

Random Scenario Generator:
In work: (00/00/2010)
Roger Cooper:
You will need to paste the first page into a scenario file called random.txt and deployment file in folder called random:
Excel 2007:
URL

I will be posting updates to this about once a week
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: The Ultimate Mod Compilation thread (19/10/2010)

Postby N3MES1S » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:11 am

SirJamon, i did a little update to my mod "Galactic Concordium", plz update the info -.-

thx.
SirJamon
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: The Ultimate Mod Compilation thread (21/10/2010)

Postby SirJamon » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:40 pm

--UPDATED--

With the newest stuff. I keep forgetting to finish testing the mods I put in that list (I need to put a decent description for them).
SirJamon
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: The Ultimate Mod Compilation thread (31/10/2010)

Postby SirJamon » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:28 pm

Sorry if I don't update this really frequently, I recently readdicted to GW & Minecraft, but there's no need to worry because if anyone posts here I'll get a notification in my mail :D

I know it will take time for some of the unfinished mods to be released, but it's better if I already have them in the list so people can know about their existence and suggest potential ideas for them. :)
xenu
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Re: The Ultimate Mod Compilation thread (08/11/2010)

Postby xenu » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:44 pm

There is a Nomads scenario mod (the Nomads expansion really really needed this). See:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5582
darkstar076
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: The Ultimate Mod Compilation thread (22/11/2010)

Postby darkstar076 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:24 am

SirJamon - Just to let you know that i have (finally) updated Unity to Version 2.0 :)

Notes: Adds the new race Uni-T, who have access to a wide variety of powerful hulls and a vast array of weaponry to cleanse the Galaxy. The mod includes 29 new scenarios and 3 survival missions to face off against the cleaning collective. (There is also a Mac Friendly version avaliable.)
Wisdom is something you generally obtain around three seconds after you needed it the most
-=Modding Guru & Egon Spengler of the Friendly Community Mod Squad=-
SirJamon
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: The Ultimate Mod Compilation thread (22/11/2010)

Postby SirJamon » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:04 pm

darkstar076 wrote:SirJamon - Just to let you know that i have (finally) updated Unity to Version 2.0 :)

Notes: Adds the new race Uni-T, who have access to a wide variety of powerful hulls and a vast array of weaponry to cleanse the Galaxy. The mod includes 29 new scenarios and 3 survival missions to face off against the cleaning collective. (There is also a Mac Friendly version avaliable.)

Updated and downloading the new version right now :D
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: The Ultimate Mod Compilation thread (24/11/2010)

Postby Praetors » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:28 pm

uhm, you can add this on weapons & ships:

Mod: Praetorian Industries
Author: Praetors
Notes: Codes of new and advanced technologies by "Praetorian Industries"
Requirements: ATM unknown

URL: http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5698

The requeriments are unknown because i need to ask about from what mod i take some sprites, the "progresive release" will be changed for "Released" when i decided to end the work ;)
PI: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5698
TP: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6928
TG: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7659

Engineer of the Friendly Community Mod Squad.
SirJamon
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: The Ultimate Mod Compilation thread (24/11/2010)

Postby SirJamon » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:44 am

Praetors wrote:uhm, you can add this on weapons & ships:

Mod: Praetorian Industries
Author: Praetors
Notes: Codes of new and advanced technologies by "Praetorian Industries"
Requirements: ATM unknown

URL: http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5698

The requeriments are unknown because i need to ask about from what mod i take some sprites, the "progresive release" will be changed for "Released" when i decided to end the work ;)

Updated :D

Mmm...
It's a bit messy going through the whole list of weapons & ships at this moment. I'll think if there's a way to make the different mods more visible.
SirJamon
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: The Ultimate Mod Compilation thread (06/12/2010)

Postby SirJamon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:01 pm

I've taken down the following mods due to lack of activity in the forums from their creators:

Earth, Fight for Her viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5495

US Navy 1985-2010 viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5553

I've done that with these two mods because their authors weren't active anywehere in the gsb forum for some long time. I won't be taking down WIP mods from the list if at least the author does a forum login from time to time. Otherwise, such long-term inactivity strongly indicates that a mod is orphaned/abandoned, and will likely be removed from this thread.

Return to “Gratuitous Modding”