Eve-online mod, Caldari and Gallente done

Welcome to the shipyards. Here you can discuss how to re-calibrate the positronic neutron flow to double power to the aft shields. Or you can discuss how to add new ships, new maps, new scenarios, new modules, etc. have fun!
Severian-Void
Line Manager
Line Manager

Re: Eve-online mod by Lonestar and Severian-Void

Postby Severian-Void » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:58 am

Media Update
for those of you that want to see stuff...
Here are some samples of the backdrop images that were just submitted
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Severian-Void
Line Manager
Line Manager

Postby Severian-Void » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:58 am

Image Image Image
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Praetors » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:37 pm

Completly awesome backgrounds! :D
PI: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5698
TP: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6928
TG: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7659

Engineer of the Friendly Community Mod Squad.
Dellmaker
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Dellmaker » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:28 am

INTERESTED!!!!

I played Eve Online for several months before I was forced to stop playing (I was nowhere NEAR making enough ISK to purchase Pilot Licenses, and couldn't budget in the RL $ to buy any). But I fell in love with the game - everything about it (Except Gallente. They fly turds. In space. And are all obviously Extreme Liberals.)

I adore Caldari - the storyline, the ship designs (or really, the anti-designs), everything. I managed to form a corp., recruit almost a dozen solid players, and even hold corporate-events (mostly duel-a-thons, where the winner won a t2 frigate of some sort, which I had, in turn, won from insanely-long trading voyages)...

I'm rambling...So, anyhow, here I am, because I love Gratuitous Space Battles. And I came to these boards to look for a Star Wars mod. Saw this here thread, and just finished reading every post...

I. Need. This. It'd be the closest I get to actively playing EO again (the ONLY mmo I held *ANY* interest in after my early, early Everquest days.) I'd even, shamefully, give up ever using a Star Wars mod if it meant I could have GSB in Eve Online form...SO if it means anything, from me - the ubiquitous new member - please continue this!!!!

I will, in return, name every core world in Galactic Empires II games, that I establish, after everyone who posted in this thread. It's all I can offer =(
Lonestar
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Lonestar » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:11 am

Dellmaker wrote:INTERESTED!!!!

I played Eve Online for several months before I was forced to stop playing (I was nowhere NEAR making enough ISK to purchase Pilot Licenses, and couldn't budget in the RL $ to buy any). But I fell in love with the game - everything about it (Except Gallente. They fly turds. In space. And are all obviously Extreme Liberals.)

I adore Caldari - the storyline, the ship designs (or really, the anti-designs), everything. I managed to form a corp., recruit almost a dozen solid players, and even hold corporate-events (mostly duel-a-thons, where the winner won a t2 frigate of some sort, which I had, in turn, won from insanely-long trading voyages)...

I'm rambling...So, anyhow, here I am, because I love Gratuitous Space Battles. And I came to these boards to look for a Star Wars mod. Saw this here thread, and just finished reading every post...

I. Need. This. It'd be the closest I get to actively playing EO again (the ONLY mmo I held *ANY* interest in after my early, early Everquest days.) I'd even, shamefully, give up ever using a Star Wars mod if it meant I could have GSB in Eve Online form...SO if it means anything, from me - the ubiquitous new member - please continue this!!!!

I will, in return, name every core world in Galactic Empires II games, that I establish, after everyone who posted in this thread. It's all I can offer =(

Lol welcome welcome, This mod is still in development I THINK i am close to a Caldari-Gallente conflict mod release but i need to get a few things fixed, made and balanced before I can get it out. They are the following:

Make full module listing for the Caldari and Gallente.
    Get the blaster turrets from my co-maker.
    Find a balance for ship hit points and weapon damage.
    Develop npc ships and make deployments for player to play against.
    Find something to offset the shield bubble weakness of fighters, and some frigates bypassing them.

This is how I have it set up so far, All combat drones, fighters and bombers are the fighter class. All drones will have there weapons hidden and they will be pre-made You CAN mod there other modules but there will be no fighter class weapons made available to drones. All destroyers, frigates, cruisers and battle cruisers are Cruiser class. All battleships, and capital ships are Cruisers. I have most if not ALL tech one craft in the game with the exception to a few. Also so far ALL gun data is taken straight from eve-online and put into here, although i had to do some tinkering to the blasters to make them so they will fit into the game and not be so dang short ranged that the ship is killed before they can fire. Also there is a really CHEAP fighter bay for ALL ships to help stimulate the drone bays of the ships.

I have thought long and hard about how this mod is going to work and it also is making ALL races have there OWN set of modules including the Core four. so I'd recommend that you install the eve mod into a fresh install of GSB.
Kemp
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Kemp » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:31 pm

Lonestar wrote:I have thought long and hard about how this mod is going to work and it also is making ALL races have there OWN set of modules including the Core four. so I'd recommend that you install the eve mod into a fresh install of GSB with the RVM mod.

Fixed that for you :-P
GSBEdit - http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6121
Restricted Vanilla Modules - http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6230 (obsolete)
Lonestar
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Lonestar » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:23 pm

Kemp wrote:
Lonestar wrote:I have thought long and hard about how this mod is going to work and it also is making ALL races have there OWN set of modules including the Core four. so I'd recommend that you install the eve mod into a fresh install of GSB with the RVM mod.

Fixed that for you :-P

I Did not install the RVM part into my mod. I hand edited and remade all by me. BUT It might not be a bad idea to install the RVM mod as it WOULD help reduce any errors on my part, and reduce the size I need. Yea thanks for the suggestion there Kemp. I guess i was trying to make it noob friendly for installing heh.
Kemp
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Kemp » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:07 am

The thing with RVM is that there's nothing that you (the mod writer) needs to do. The user just has to install RVM and it's good to go for any mod that relies on the behaviour. On the other hand, you are of course free to do the hard work yourself :-P
Restricted Vanilla Modules - http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6230 (obsolete)
Lonestar
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Lonestar » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:32 am

Kemp wrote:The thing with RVM is that there's nothing that you (the mod writer) needs to do. The user just has to install RVM and it's good to go for any mod that relies on the behaviour. On the other hand, you are of course free to do the hard work yourself :-P

Yea and that the RVM also has the modules for the non-core4 races too if I remember right, and I won't be having them in there would that be any trouble? As If I get this done right, It most likely in the end will become a total conversion replacing the core 4 races.
Kemp
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Kemp » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:09 am

Ah, if you're going to be completely replacing everything then RVM will eventually become useless to you. In the meantime it might help make sure that the official modules don't get in your way. RVM basically makes sure that only the official races have access to the official modules. Each mod is then free to use the official modules or not (in most cases the idea will be to not). Probably useful for prototyping your ships and modules, less useful once you start replacing the core data files.

Also, apologies for dragging this off-topic.
Lonestar
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Lonestar » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:52 pm

Kemp wrote:Ah, if you're going to be completely replacing everything then RVM will eventually become useless to you. In the meantime it might help make sure that the official modules don't get in your way. RVM basically makes sure that only the official races have access to the official modules. Each mod is then free to use the official modules or not (in most cases the idea will be to not). Probably useful for prototyping your ships and modules, less useful once you start replacing the core data files.

Also, apologies for dragging this off-topic.

No no it was still on topic, just got sidetracked for a little bit. I am looking forward to this but it will be a little while before i can get them out and it most likly will first be the Caldari-Gallentte war, and then the Minmatar-Amarr war. Where the Caldari split form Gallente and the Minmatar race throw off the yoke of the Amarr slavers. Then once they are out and running good I'll make the TC were its just all four of them.
That Frigate Capn...
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

Postby That Frigate Capn... » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:32 pm

Hey, i can get top-down pics of all the flyable ships, and the new kickass turrets, but they would be in screenshot form. (well, i guess i could use gimp to get rid of the background...) i would be happy to help ;-)
Now that i am here-- This one goes to 11.
Severian-Void
Line Manager
Line Manager

Postby Severian-Void » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:11 pm

thanks for the offer Frigate Capn, however both myself and Lonestar are still around and working on the project. Lonestar has all of the gallente ships ready and is just waiting for me to finish the blaster turrets up before he puts out the next release. The images we are using for the ships are rendered from the eve models and textures in a commercial 3d application. the quality is much better than you can get from a screen shot and allows us much greater control over the final look of the ships. The largest component of the graphics regardless of rendering them out or screen shoting them is still the hand painting of the damage and hulk textures.
Lonestar
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Lonestar » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:53 am

That Frigate Capn... wrote:Hey, i can get top-down pics of all the flyable ships, and the new kickass turrets, but they would be in screenshot form. (well, i guess i could use gimp to get rid of the background...) i would be happy to help ;-)

Yea this mod is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from finished and due to Severian-Void's real life and my lose of internet due to move I have been unable to make any progress. I Am waiting for the blaster turrets from Severian, and he has to really rebuild them from what i hear as they do not like to export all that well. I have been working more on this and it is going so far very good, I just have to do a few more tests and get the drone hard set in there final forms and then we are ready to go. Well once I get the blaster turrets that is.
Tezcatlipoca
Line Manager
Line Manager

Postby Tezcatlipoca » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Hey guys.
Long tine since i was here.
Im sorry for that but i had a lot of other thing do to because of my study.
And now i think its time to move on here.^^
I have something for you dont know if you can use it to go on with your mod.

I have the stations renderd out of eve online.
Here is a example

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have tons of more so if you are interessted tell me.

Return to “Gratuitous Modding”