Eve-online mod, Caldari and Gallente done

Welcome to the shipyards. Here you can discuss how to re-calibrate the positronic neutron flow to double power to the aft shields. Or you can discuss how to add new ships, new maps, new scenarios, new modules, etc. have fun!
Lonestar
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: Eve-online mod by Lonestar and Severian-Void

Postby Lonestar » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:13 am

Zayack wrote:whats your alliance called? theres a chance im at war with you :p

My corp Just joined "scum" Like less than two weeks ago. Or was it scum allance . . . gha i can not reamber. . . I think it is scum though.
Severian-Void
Line Manager
Line Manager

Postby Severian-Void » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:00 pm

very sorry for disappearing on you i actually am out of the country at the moment and have been for the last month. had to leave to go to my sisters wedding. i leave to go home and will be back at my computer in about a week. i am currently using a library pc to check up on some email and stuff. once i get back i will be able to keep working on the next race of ships.
Straythief
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

Postby Straythief » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:58 am

Cant wait to see the gallant ships xD
Thunderbird
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Thunderbird » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:18 pm

i wholeheartedly disagree
the only good amarr ship is the Legion ^^
well,ok,and then the Providence/Ark... but then again those are the only two you can look at without your eyes exploding,the rest of em look like crap (brick,fridge,stick)
When you reach the end of your journey, the only thing that really matters is the journey itself. -Taoist saying
Straythief
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

Postby Straythief » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:32 pm

Amarr Ships are good ships but Gallante
ships dealt massive damage. Catylist destroyer
kick some ass with 8 slots xD
Lonestar
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Lonestar » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Is there still interest in this here mod?

I might have lost my kick butt ship modder, But I am willing to attempt to pull images right from within eve-online if i need to finish out this mod. I have been tossing around the Caldari for a while and might have it ready MIGHT!

So I Ask thee Shall i finish this or let it die?
d10sfan
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby d10sfan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Lonestar wrote:Is there still interest in this here mod?

I might have lost my kick butt ship modder, But I am willing to attempt to pull images right from within eve-online if i need to finish out this mod. I have been tossing around the Caldari for a while and might have it ready MIGHT!

So I Ask thee Shall i finish this or let it die?

Just started playing the game but I definitely have interest in this mod. Played EVE Online for a while so thatd be fun to see.
Hlicat
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Hlicat » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:39 am

Great mod, atm having huge lots of fun playing this after just starting to get back into GSB again.

One thing I'd like to mention though is that the Rokh appears to be flying backwards.
Lonestar
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Lonestar » Tue May 03, 2011 9:55 am

Hello happy and not so happy people.

I have both good and bad news, I will attempt to fix and update the Caldari race to the latest updates. But without help from someone to make the new ship hull images from Eve-online I am sad to say it will only be the Caldari. I may have a few set of Galente (spelling) ships laying around that i snapped from within eve-online via the in-game viewer copy alt-tab into paint.net and pasted saved. But they may not be the best pictures. Also If someone is able to spend the time to gather the other three races, plus concord/sleepers/jovan/npc pirates then this mod may very well be dead. This also includes the missile and turret models. As i have non except the Caldari turrets right now.

I have also moved to making a Star trek Starfleet side mod and may be busy with it for a while as with other real life duties, so my time is being divided in many ways at once. So I will see about getting an update out and see if there is help from others to breath life back into this mod.

*crosses fingers, toes, legs, arms and eyes in hopes that someone can step forward to provide kick but to down views of the races of eve-online.*

Lonestar
Severian-Void
Line Manager
Line Manager

Postby Severian-Void » Sun May 29, 2011 6:41 pm

What do we have here...

Anyways just wanted to apologize for pulling a vanishing act on you Lonestar, life just keeps kicking me in the teeth. However... had some time recently, and managed to make some scripts to automate alot of the process making things a bit faster and look at that most of the ships are done, just missing 2 bs titan carrier and mothership. Dont have most of those yet cause they both have multiple textures which are alot harder to deal with and the mothership we may never have as the model exporter crashes on me every time i try and export it, i posted a thread on the eve forum asking for someone to get me the model though so we shall see. just need to get the damage textures and hulks done and thats another race out the door. I should have it all zipped up in a package as dds files in a day or so just like old times.

Edit* hot damn got the exporter fixed and its not crashing on any of the ships anymore, and i also figured out a way to deal with the multiple texture ships in a way that doesn't mean rebuilding half the uv maps by hand. Best day ever!
Lonestar
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Lonestar » Mon May 30, 2011 12:18 am

sweet that is GREAT news man, I'm in the middles of a total conversion with a roommate right now. BUT I started this project before then so lets get it rolling and get this done man! Send me the zipped ships and turrets once you get em all done. I'll have to redo the Caldari to make sure they are comparable with the new updates and such.
Severian-Void
Line Manager
Line Manager

Postby Severian-Void » Mon May 30, 2011 3:46 pm

Quick update, every Gallente ship is now rendered out. I am now working on the damage and hulk images.

just about done with the damage and hulks, only 5 ships remaining
Lonestar
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Lonestar » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Great news now I have the entire Gallanete ships, and will be working to get them in-game.

Severian, Please hurry and grab ALL turrets from eve before Incarna hits. They are releasing NEW animated turrets and I am not sure how they will export.
Severian-Void
Line Manager
Line Manager

Postby Severian-Void » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:46 am

Don't worry, I have a backup eve installation that does not get updated that I use to get older models when I need them. Turrets are in the works they are a bit of a pain though as the actual models do not export cleanly and they have to be somewhat reshaped before they resemble a turret again.

On a different note I have some other graphic resources coming for you, logo files for each of the races, background images, and maybe even some custom load screens. Been doing these on the side whenever I take a break from the repetitive work.
Lonestar
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Lonestar » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:52 am

Heh, Kwel As for the race logos, i grabbed some straight off the Eve-o forums and have there race symbols in them and then name, aka Caldari state. And i also ripped the music from Eve itself also and got like 5 or 6 per the main four races. But I will look thought what you got and decide the finial works.

Also can you make ALL ship name all lowercase? GSB does like like destroyed, hulk, or sprite with the first letter in caps. Many thanks, As i have been having to do a lot of renaming to get em working right. Many many thanks.

Return to “Gratuitous Modding”