[MOD] Star Blazers!

Welcome to the shipyards. Here you can discuss how to re-calibrate the positronic neutron flow to double power to the aft shields. Or you can discuss how to add new ships, new maps, new scenarios, new modules, etc. have fun!
dragoon0275
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Re: [MOD] Star Blazers!

Postby dragoon0275 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:25 pm

Looks good! ... although is it me or is that green ship in the recent screenshot look like a Zaft ship from Gundam SEED or something?
tater
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby tater » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:26 pm

That green ship?

Or this one:
krebor
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby krebor » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:45 pm

Hey tater, this looks interesting. I'll give it a shot when you update your download. But, I've no clue what Star Blazers was; I wasn't into TV that often.
dragoon0275
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby dragoon0275 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:02 pm

tater wrote:Image
That green ship?

Yep that one there. although it doesnt have those "arms" most zaft ships have it still looks like it would be remarkbily similar to one dont you think so?

cant wait till you release it though :3 any estimate or exact number of new ships (hulls?), modules, engines etc.
tater
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby tater » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:30 pm

Uploading now.

I have for the Earth Defense Force:

3 ships rated as GSB frigates---the EDF DD, the "old battleship" (red one, first episode), and the Yukikaze missile destroyer.
2 ships rated as GSB Cruisers---the Yamato battleship, and the EDF Heavy Cruiser.
2 EDF fighters---the Cosmo Tiger II, and the Cosmo Zero

For the Gamilons I have:

1 ship rated as a Frigate---the Exterminator class DD (other slight visual variants coming).

3 ships rated as GSB Cruisers---the Audacious battleship, the Galmus battleship, and the Revenge (improved) Carrier.

4 gamilon fighters---the Prowler, the Arrowlet II, the Striker (dive bomber), and the Ramhead torpedo bomber.

A pile of new weapons, many with very long (for GSB) ranges, though the missile weapons are frequently limited in ammo, and the large warship cannons use the salvo commands to have them fire a few shots in a row, then a longer reload time.

There are 2 not so great scenarios (tough to edit them in text, I'm working on it). I need some balance feedback, frankly. Note that they play OK with stock ships, particularly on the smaller stock maps where range increases don't matter as much. Hopefast did Yamato entirely and she is extremely powerful. That said she can still lose to comparable Gamilon forces.

Also, to play "officially" you'd not want to use shields.

Currently no weapons are locked, either.

Here is VERSION 0.6:

http://www.filefront.com/15431349/undefined
dragoon0275
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby dragoon0275 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:41 pm

booooo! only 15 new ships? oh well still gona be epic fun lol :p ... Also thats one HUUUGE mod!! 7.2 MB!? wow thats insane for what it is ....

well in any case i look forward to your updates i'll try your mod soon ... gotta eat first heh ..
tater
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby tater » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Hopefast's Yamato comes with a HUGE turret file. I will eventually fix that and it will drop the file size by 5 MB.

Heck, I should fix that now, frankly. I was just lazy.
tater
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby tater » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:54 pm

Re-uploading. Packed size is not as reduced as I had thought even with a 5 MB change, lol.

VERSION 0.61

http://www.filefront.com/15431551/undefined

tater
dragoon0275
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby dragoon0275 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:58 pm

lol you sure there isnt anything else you want to change? you know since your at it XD we went from 0.60 to 0.61 in record time after all :p
tater
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby tater » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:02 pm

LOL, some feedback would be cool.

Star Blazers is very fighter oriented. I think the scenarios need to be altered to have more pilots per budget.

BTW, some weapon icons have a number on them. That's the number of shots they have before running out of ammo (salvo_interval set to 999999). All the SB fighter missile weapons are limited ammo, even without a number (I just added those icons, and am not finished).

Using stock fighter missiles/rockets/torpedoes will be grossly unbalancing to SB, it's designed with fighters having to carry only a few missiles/bombs/whatever.

tater

PS---the 2 scenarios are on 8192x8192 sized maps.
dragoon0275
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby dragoon0275 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:07 pm

i highly doubt you'll be able to pull this part off but why not make it so that the ships with a "Carrier" bay you know that repair fighters ... have those be able to refill ammo for the guns and such you know?

Havent tried playing it yet but it would sure be very handy im sure! i'll get around to playing soon though just busy with homework, daily promotions games give, etc. so i'll get around to it in about an hour or so
tater
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby tater » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:13 pm

I tested that, and fighter repair doesn't reset the reload timer on the salvo_interval. Would be awesome if it did.

I made "bombs" for the Gamilons, too. One type does huge damage, but the range is tiny, and you only get 2.

The next version is gonna tone those down a little, the Striker is pretty nasty right now armed with bombs.
dragoon0275
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby dragoon0275 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:12 pm

I found a bug almost right away! ... you canot enter HQ (fleet HQ ... or at least thats what i think it was called) else the game will crash and it says something about cannot find turret mapping ... or something

I'll let you know if i find more!

it also seems that you need to fix one of the equips ... something is locked and i cant tell what it is because i cant enter Fleet HQ without crashing with your mod ... so you may want to look into that. also a few things could use a rebalance. Such as the engine ... thruster IV. Although yes it gives good boost its not worth the outragious 10 power each thruster especially since 2 supercharged total to 8.20 and give FAR MORE thrust

You may also want to fix the whole "top mounted turret" and "Bottem mounted turret (invisible)" because the bottem is weaker than the top mounted and the only difference is fire rate (in a bad way), and damage (in a bad way) but the energy cost is the same.

the range for the "main cannon" is very big it reaches out all the way to 2 and 1/2 screens away (estimate) or maybe 1 and 1/2 so its a bit excessive .... kind of like a sniper weapon only instead it doesnt have a long fire intervial (make it longer if its to be more balanced) and i'll tell you more as i find the time ... im busy with benchmarks all week so i wouldnt count on too much help from me
tater
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby tater » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:23 pm

I must have missed correcting the bottom turret. As for ranges, It's for the big maps. I don't like small maps (even 4k is small).

So there are 2 balance issues. One, how are they vs the Gamilons, and 2, how are they vs everyone else.

IN general, the GSB ranges are absurd. 600 meters? 1000 meters? The tribe's cannon are no different than modern naval or artillery guns---the range should be many thousands of meters, and that's planetside. In space... Even if the range in GSB was kilometers it would be short.

I think I know what the bug is, too.
Last edited by tater on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tater
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby tater » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:45 pm

I found the bug, the edf disruptor bomb tubes were locked, and that made it blow up because I had not properly renamed it inside the file.

Return to “Gratuitous Modding”