[MOD] Legios

Welcome to the shipyards. Here you can discuss how to re-calibrate the positronic neutron flow to double power to the aft shields. Or you can discuss how to add new ships, new maps, new scenarios, new modules, etc. have fun!
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: [MOD] Legios

Postby Eich » Fri May 14, 2010 8:18 am

Greetz,

I upped the new version 1.10. As I said it's merely just a grapical overhaul. There are some minor changes concerning hull bonuses and of course all ship sprites are now using mip maps and have a better damage and hulk model. So have fun ;)
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
Hybrinoid
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Hybrinoid » Fri May 14, 2010 1:34 pm

Eich wrote:Greetz,

I upped the new version 1.10. As I said it's merely just a grapical overhaul. There are some minor changes concerning hull bonuses and of course all ship sprites are now using mip maps and have a better damage and hulk model. So have fun ;)

grrrr

"File unavailable"

i HATE megaupload... even more than rapidshare
My Gratuitous Youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/hybrinoid
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Fri May 14, 2010 1:58 pm

I can't understand why people have so much trouble with megaupload? Do you maybe live in some kind of college dormitory where everyone shares an IP and uses megaupload? The only thing I can recommend in such a situation is to get a new IP via restarting the router...
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
Drewoid13
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Drewoid13 » Fri May 14, 2010 9:58 pm

I know megaupload doesn't let the end user DL more than one file at a time per IP. it also has a very low cap on the IP's bandwidth.
Drewoid13
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Drewoid13 » Fri May 14, 2010 9:59 pm

and actually, I just got the same error. clicked the link and it was temporarily unavailable
Archduke Astro
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby Archduke Astro » Fri May 14, 2010 11:06 pm

Mediafire is much less restrictive about these things. Many of these problems are intentional throttling that affects downloads from the source rather than uploads, so of course the original uploader is going to mostly be in the dark about it. Rapidshare is even worse than megaupload.
•• Positech Global Moderator & Forum Sheriff ••
GSB "Combined-Arms Combat" Advocate & Analyst
Enemy of Forum Lulz | Defender of Faction Diversity

∞∆……CURATOR OF CREATIVE CONCEPTS for GSB's Friendly Community Mod Squad……∆∞
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Sat May 15, 2010 9:01 am

Upped an alternative mediafire Dl... please report any problems with the DL. I heard once that mediafire tends to corrupt the files... have fun ;)
Salamander8
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Salamander8 » Sun May 23, 2010 7:50 pm

Well done race and they have quite interesting hull designs. I especially like using swarms of lightning armed frigates to chew enemies to pieces rapidly.
Vazeron1
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Vazeron1 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:11 pm

hmm, this is the first version of legios i got (i just dl'd the one on the main page), and it doesnt seem to work for me. unfortunately none of the ships or modules show up and i cannot select it. i thought it might have been a problem where the legios.txt was located, but when i moved it it still didnt work
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:39 am

I think you might have extracted everything into the wrong folder. If you want to be sure copy the rar file into your GSB folder and choose the option, Unrar here. The rar file contains a folder named data and a folder named legios. Those 2 folders have to be copyd directly into the GSB folder. Your problem might be that you extractet into the folder Legios_1_10 and copied this whole folder into the GSB folder. And that is wrong. Check it and if you still have the same problem post again. But is has to be a problem at your end. Since the version was released (like 4weeks?) nobody postet such an error.
Vazeron1
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Vazeron1 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:37 pm

yep, that fixed it. Thanks!
123stw
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby 123stw » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:15 am

I don't know if this is been pointed out before, but you can get -260 cost and 555hp decoy by packing a ship with monkeys on bike and ads. I don't think that's very balanced, especially on maps with large amount of pilots.

Hybrinoid
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Hybrinoid » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:49 am

123stw wrote:I don't know if this is been pointed out before, but you can get -260 cost and 555hp decoy by packing a ship with monkeys on bike and ads. I don't think that's very balanced, especially on maps with large amount of pilots.

but if you do that, you won't be able to blow up anything with the ships :P
My Gratuitous Youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/hybrinoid
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:27 am

I can't believe that this is still possible ^^

@ Hybrinoid,
the real problem is, that you can increase your honour on the deploymentscreen. This means you are only restricted by the pilot count. Btw, why do you always quote ppl with giant pictures? This is kind of irritating ^^

@ 123stw,
Thanks for pointing this out. I will see that I lower the amount in the next update again. 40 will be the ultimate setting I think. Damn monkeys.... ;)
123stw
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby 123stw » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:34 pm

Also, consider lowering the weight of the ADs. Since that's the one thing a normal ship with benefit from and not a AD/monkey ship.

Another thing I notice. The combination of the Epitaphius Fighter and engine MK1 seem extremely powerful. I think the problem is in the MK1's weight, so having a bunch lead to really high speed.

1 fighter laser cannon + 2 MK1 = $86/5.71 speed
1 fighter torpedo + 5 MK1 = $127/3.21 speed
2 fighter rocket launcher + 1 legio target painter + 3 MK1 = $162/3.85 speed
Last edited by 123stw on Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Gratuitous Modding”