[MOD] Legios

Welcome to the shipyards. Here you can discuss how to re-calibrate the positronic neutron flow to double power to the aft shields. Or you can discuss how to add new ships, new maps, new scenarios, new modules, etc. have fun!
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: [MOD] Legios

Postby Eich » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:37 am

It occured to me that I totaly forgot that all of you out there playing Legios at the moment will most likely see no engines anymore. For me, I fixed it in my version after 5 min of course, but never lost a thought about uploading it ^^ In the the upcoming version (1.00) there will be new engines other then those in the HOTFIX. You may expect the release mid or end march. Here the link for the HOTFIX:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H5X43QBI

Just copy the folder "legios" into your game directorie.
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
RRRacerX123
Type I Robot
Type I Robot

Postby RRRacerX123 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:06 pm

Link to engine fix is down. :(
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:55 pm

No? Maybe you exceeded your download limit?
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
RRRacerX123
Type I Robot
Type I Robot

Postby RRRacerX123 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:37 pm

Oh yeah I did.. now it's working.
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Greetings, yeah well work has now officially recommenced. Yesterday I finished the backdrops for the scenarios and 2 new ship models. Here is a preview of the backdrops if some ppl are interested ;)

http://homecoming.kilu.info/per/gsb/legios_1.jpg
http://homecoming.kilu.info/per/gsb/legios_2.jpg
http://homecoming.kilu.info/per/gsb/legios_3.jpg
Hybrinoid
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Hybrinoid » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:21 pm

the first 2 look like the same planet O_O

the third looks like Geonosis ;)

very good, keep up the good work! :D
My Gratuitous Youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/hybrinoid
Archduke Astro
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby Archduke Astro » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:13 pm

Eich, your Legios mod is a really nice creation. I do hope to see more of it. My kid really likes it, too.

Would you consider creating a frigate design with a few more weapons hardpoints, though? Those little guys are a bit tough to get max performance out of. Some sort of "medium" cruiser would also be welcome; cheaper and less capable than the two excellent ones in the mod at present. Those two hulls would help fill what I perceive as some gaps in the Legios' fleet composition.
•• Positech Global Moderator & Forum Sheriff ••
GSB "Combined-Arms Combat" Advocate & Analyst
Enemy of Forum Lulz | Defender of Faction Diversity

∞∆……CURATOR OF CREATIVE CONCEPTS for GSB's Friendly Community Mod Squad……∆∞
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:12 am

@ Hybrinoid,
They may look alike (if you have phantasie) but they aren't. The first one is custom made and the second one is the venus ;) Concerning the third one, I wanted to create a destroyed planet, maybe I will work over it again because it doens't really look like the crust is really missing at the moment.... At the moment it looks more like a senseless shadow ^^

@ Archduke,

Thanks alot ;)
And concerning the two new hulls, I did not only consider it, it is excactly what I have done ;)
Hybrinoid
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Hybrinoid » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:09 pm

Eich wrote:@ Hybrinoid,
They may look alike (if you have phantasie) but they aren't. The first one is custom made and the second one is the venus ;) Concerning the third one, I wanted to create a destroyed planet, maybe I will work over it again because it doens't really look like the crust is really missing at the moment.... At the moment it looks more like a senseless shadow ^^

@ Archduke,

Thanks alot ;)
And concerning the two new hulls, I did not only consider it, it is excactly what I have done ;)

nevertheless, they look awesome :D
My Gratuitous Youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/hybrinoid
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Finally the new version of Legios (1.00) has been released. This will be the last content update concerning this mod. There will be most likely only updates to fix issues like bugs or balancing.
Henceforth I will be working on a completely new race for GSB, so stay tuned ;)
krebor
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby krebor » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:10 pm

Nice work Eich.

One of the fighters (the one with 3 hardpoints) has a 10% shield bonus, but no shield module to go with it. Shouldn't that be an armor bonus?
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:14 pm

True... Will be fixed in the upcoming 1.01 patch ;) Thanks krebor. Keep the bugs coming guys ^^
RRRacerX123
Type I Robot
Type I Robot

Postby RRRacerX123 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:08 pm

Very awesome update! :) Downloading now.
Ion496
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Ion496 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:02 am

Looks great. But DON'T USE MEGAUPLOAD. I >3 waiting times.
I >3 waiting. I >3 failing. I <3 winning. I >3 losing. I >3 radiation guns. I >3 you.
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:36 pm

I decided to make a little graphic overhaul for Legios before my semesterbreak is over at the end of the week. After the great "discovery" of mip mapping I will add this to the ship moddels and perhaps work over the damaged hull dds files again. So if there are any points which need to be rebalanced or changed post it here so that I may fix it with the upcoming update! Basically I'm just modding at the moment and don't have time and muse to actually play ^^ So there are many bugs I will not find due to a lack of real testing...

Return to “Gratuitous Modding”