[MOD] Legios

Welcome to the shipyards. Here you can discuss how to re-calibrate the positronic neutron flow to double power to the aft shields. Or you can discuss how to add new ships, new maps, new scenarios, new modules, etc. have fun!
alimarin
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: [MOD] Legios

Postby alimarin » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:46 am

looks very nice, with your permission, I would like to integrate this into my mod. you will recieve credit for the mod.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gratuitous Universal Battles!
- http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6602
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:43 am

Well, I don't know let us first wait till the 1.0 is released and then talk again about it. Basically it's no problem at all, but I'm not quite sure why you want to embedd a mod like Legios into your mod, because 1. your mod alters the basic game and 2. legios is a standalone which will be balanced to work with the vanilla version of GSB. So our mods follow a totally different philosophy, so in my eyes there is no unconditional need to merge them. But if you feel a overwhelming need to unify all GSB mods into one supermod, do as you please ;) In the end it's just a free mod and as long as people play it, I'm satisfied...
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
Hasdrubal
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby Hasdrubal » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:06 pm

Hey when i try to load after installing your mod i get a error
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:03 pm

Well, this should be impossible. Did you copy it into your folder for the first time? If yes, then post the error messaged stored in the error.txt. If you copyd the 0.81 over the 0.80 without following the readme.txt try to follow the instructions anyway. This means delete all saved Legios ships and deployments containing legios ships.
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
Hasdrubal
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby Hasdrubal » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:13 am

i never got 0.80
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:16 am

Ok, I may can help you if you post your error log. Thats located in your GSB folder under .../debugdata/errors.txt
There may be 1000's of errors stacked up until now. So open the txt and only copy the last few entrys with the very same time stamp, OR
(1) delete everything in the error.txt,
(2) close the error.txt,
(3) start the game,
(4) get an error,
(5) open the error.txt
(6) copy all and post here

There can only be very few possible errors. Maybe you don't have the newest version of GSB installed, all before 1.26 and of course the demo will not support the mod. If you want to play again you must delete the txt named legios.txt in .../data/installs.
If the should crash anyway then the error must be an other, not caused by Legios.
alimarin
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby alimarin » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:02 am

The basis of how I was going to make my mod was very... conditional. At first i was going to compile all mods on the forums with my own mods and balances, but problems kept coming up. So I've decided to go one at a time, work different mechanics and things in Incrementally. So I've started with my own mod. If you give me permission to use your mod when it is released, I will assimilate it and balance it out with my mod. (including battleships, destroyers, blah blah blah.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gratuitous Universal Battles!
- http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6602
Hasdrubal
Senior Line Supervisor
Senior Line Supervisor

Postby Hasdrubal » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:39 pm

problem solved not related to mod
Geressen
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Geressen » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:40 pm

I didnt like that most modules where just copies of existing modules, the humour in them was nice but I opted to move all your ships exept victimas to alliance, , moved bitmaps and the other text stuff in the text stuf changed racename = legios to racename = alliance and sacked the rest of your mod, so hurray I guess you became the prime contributor to the alliance of insectoid species, good on you :D
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:09 am

@ Geressen,

well you see it was kind of a dilemma. I wanted to create new modules but you also can't invent a second wheel. A crew module supplies crew, so why should I f.e. scale up the needed crew for all weapons and modules only to justify that my crew modules produce more crew than the vanilla. But if you think that some modules are just exact copies of existing then I must say you didn't really bother to examine them. There is no single exact copy.
But well, if you are satisfied with new ship models it shall be your way ;)

But let's turn the table, what would you alter/add concerning the modules if you could? (Actually you can ;) I'm always open for improvement suggestions...
Geressen
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Geressen » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:46 am

Eich wrote:@ Geressen,

well you see it was kind of a dilemma. I wanted to create new modules but you also can't invent a second wheel. A crew module supplies crew, so why should I f.e. scale up the needed crew for all weapons and modules only to justify that my crew modules produce more crew than the vanilla. But if you think that some modules are just exact copies of existing then I must say you didn't really bother to examine them. There is no single exact copy.
But well, if you are satisfied with new ship models it shall be your way ;)

But let's turn the table, what would you alter/add concerning the modules if you could? (Actually you can ;) I'm always open for improvement suggestions...
.. a something like the cannon from dead space , a gun that fires on a steady not too slow rythm wich fires projectiles that look like rockets but are unguided ( behave like plasma projectiles, do not turn etc)

yeah they were not exactly the same but some had the exact same effects, I dont remember wich exactly and I found your hulls to give of that insectoid vibe, together whit hopefast's species something8something something bioship and his narn Q'oun ship they fill up the ranks of the alliance nicely.
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:33 am

Yes I thought about such a cannon as well, the problem is that there is no module which would work the way I want. If I would use a missile module, the old problem exists that the 2nd missile will launch only after the first hit/missed. I could use a kinetic module, but I can only alter the muzzle flash, not the projectile. Same goes for bulletweapon modules. I'm bound to the existing modules, so as long as there will be no changes concerning one or the other problem, we have to wait or waive ;)
Geressen
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Geressen » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:21 pm

anyways, what are you working on now? continueing improvements to what you have or new hulls ? :D
Eich
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Eich » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:43 pm

Well, currently I'm at home for christmas, new year ect. and I didn't take my computer with me. I thought, my laptop would do the job but its too old to handle Photoshop CS4 and it's a real hassle to work with it ^^ So I'm playing dota all the time... So updates will be coming in januar... I think the next update will feature 2 new ships (1frig 1cruis), some scenarios and some missing frigate modules like repair and hangar... and I will try to come up with some new tatical modules ;) Ever used one of them? (Bridge or Advertisement)

Here's a sneakpreview of last backdrop I'm working on ;)
http://eich.ei.funpic.de/legios/2.jpg
Geressen
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Geressen » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:16 pm

Eich wrote:Well, currently I'm at home for christmas, new year ect. and I didn't take my computer with me. I thought, my laptop would do the job but its too old to handle Photoshop CS4 and it's a real hassle to work with it ^^ So I'm playing dota all the time... So updates will be coming in januar... I think the next update will feature 2 new ships (1frig 1cruis), some scenarios and some missing frigate modules like repair and hangar... and I will try to come up with some new tatical modules ;) Ever used one of them? (Bridge or Advertisement)

Here's a sneakpreview of last backdrop I'm working on ;)
http://eich.ei.funpic.de/legios/2.jpg

Nice ! , yeah my little brother used advertisement to make negative cost ships ... then he stacked all of the advertisement ships whit plasma ships them in the deployment screen.... uuuggh :(

Return to “Gratuitous Modding”