[MOD][WIP] Stargate

Welcome to the shipyards. Here you can discuss how to re-calibrate the positronic neutron flow to double power to the aft shields. Or you can discuss how to add new ships, new maps, new scenarios, new modules, etc. have fun!
AcePalarum
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stargate

Postby AcePalarum » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:54 pm

N3MES1S wrote:So, it turns out that the ecm shields doesnt seem to work as intended. I dont know what im missing. If i have a ecm shield with strenght = 90 and, someone fires at me a ecm beam with strenght= 82, doesnt suposse the shield to make the ship almost inmune to ecms???

Because in-game it really doesnt seem to work. What im missing?

Looking at the vanilla ECM shield and EMP weapons, the shield has strength 82 and the weapons have strength 20, 22 or 32. Clearly it's not quite a 1-to-1 balance of strength. I know I wound up giving my test ECM shield a strength of 10000 to block out the EMP.

Here's a quote from an older thread I found that may clear up matters:

Jukelo wrote:From my own tests, every point of EMP shielding has 25% chances to stop an incoming EMP strength point (well, I made those tests some time ago, and didn't save my results, so that's off the top of my head). So you'll need substantially more EMP shielding than the ennemy has EMP strength.

As I already said, I'm not sure about the 25% part, I'll rerun the tests.

Edit: I'm positive, one EMP shield (66 EMP shield) would nullify around 45% of the shots from an EMP cannon (32 EMP strength), and IIRC this scales proportionaly, meaning you need a bit over 4 times as much protection as they have emp strength to get a protection nearing 100%.

Honestly, I'm not sure about the "4 times" rule, since by that a single vanilla ECM shield (strength 82) should all but lock out the effectiveness of vanilla EMP missiles (strength 20 or 22) and that doesn't seem to agree with what I've seen. But at any rate, it's a clue to how the two module types interact.
While my ability to succeed is finite, my capacity for failure knows no bounds.
*Basement Tinkerer and OCD Savant of the Friendly Community Mod Squad*

Mods: Matmos Rift, Antares Expanse, Great Powers Stations
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:52 pm

Well, i kinda figured it out (i think). It looks it is working as percentaje. An ecm beam with strenght 22 will have 22% chance of success over a ecm shield with 82% strenght. It will be 22 x 100 / 82 = 26% more or less chance to success. I think thats the way it works, but im not sure, of course.. the point is, there is no way to make any ship inmune to ecm beams at all. In fact, i suposse that writting a value higher than 100 will have the same effect as 100.

I mean, it was the only reasonable conclusion lol.

So, i almost finished with the tests, i think i will post the link along the next week if everything goes as planned. Be aware, the Wraith are the new evolutioned Tribe. If you know what i mean lol (1 hour to destroy a ship and incredible repairing systems.. but of course, the wraith have no shields). They are kinda hard.

I am a little worried about the balance, since i dont use too much vanilla deployments for tests (im toooo lazy for that xD). So any advise will be very welcome.

Thanks Ace, as i said i already figured it out yesterday doing some tests.
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:20 am

Uploaded the Wraith. Also i uploaded again the Tau'ri and the Goa'uld, since i did minor modifications in the balance department.

Now, i will take "vacations" for a week , probably more before i can even get to start working on the Asgard. Life calls. So, the Asgard will take far long.

Cheers!.
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:56 pm

So i was experimenting with new turrets. Trying to make a sort of- animated turret. But i dunno exactly how the blast graphics work. Is there any realtionship between a blast graphic and the turret graphic itself? lets say that i want to make a turret that, when it fires, the blast graphic is "part" of the turret so i can make an animation (kinda) using the blast graphic + a copy of the turret graphic. The problem is, of course, that i dunno what resolution i need to do the blast graphic. I also dont know how the game places the blast graphic (because it appears that its placed slighty down).

Should i make the blast graphic as the same resolution as the turret graphic?? or should i pick the turret graphic size placed in the turrets file insead?? well, if someone knows something about this, any help will be very welcome.
darkstar076
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby darkstar076 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:11 am

Its been awhile so its taking me longer to remember what I have forgotten about this part of the game.

The blast graphic is just an opaque static image overplayed over the turret.
(So if your going to animate, you only have 1 frame)

The Blast Graphic does not have to be the same size as the turret. In fact its preferable to keep the blast graphic small as it will not slow the game down.

If you want to check how the blast graphic will look on the turret, scale the blast graphic up to the same size as your turret image in the turret map.
(you can make life easier lining your graphics up on barrels by reversing the process)
Wisdom is something you generally obtain around three seconds after you needed it the most
-=Modding Guru & Egon Spengler of the Friendly Community Mod Squad=-
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:22 pm

darkstar076 wrote:Its been awhile so its taking me longer to remember what I have forgotten about this part of the game.

The blast graphic is just an opaque static image overplayed over the turret.
(So if your going to animate, you only have 1 frame)

The Blast Graphic does not have to be the same size as the turret. In fact its preferable to keep the blast graphic small as it will not slow the game down.

If you want to check how the blast graphic will look on the turret, scale the blast graphic up to the same size as your turret image in the turret map.
(you can make life easier lining your graphics up on barrels by reversing the process)

Thanks, yup i will do that, at least to experiment a bit. But if i think its too much trouble i will just pass. I knew the blast is overlaped, but the main problem was that i dont know what criteria picks the game to resize/place the blast graphic (since the blastgraphic is not placed as other graphics, its different).
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:25 pm

Oops, and i forgot. WIP -> Asgard O'Neill Class. Its going slow, since now i have less time available. I dont plan to include the turret placements of the original tv model, since those are going to be "real" turrets and it will look really bad to have a "double" turret placed lol.

N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:47 pm

Asgard O'Neill Class - Finished - Isometric view with turrets mounted

Top view (in - game) without the turrets.

N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:05 pm

WIP - > Asgard Beliskner class

AcePalarum
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby AcePalarum » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:41 pm

All this 3D work of yours is completely flooring me. Really awesome stuff! :)
While my ability to succeed is finite, my capacity for failure knows no bounds.
*Basement Tinkerer and OCD Savant of the Friendly Community Mod Squad*

Mods: Matmos Rift, Antares Expanse, Great Powers Stations
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:22 am

AcePalarum wrote:All this 3D work of yours is completely flooring me. Really awesome stuff! :)

Thanks, i like to do everything in sketchup so i learn something new every day and i keep improving my models/renders in little steps. I really dont put excessive effort on em, just enough for GSB, and for my own learning experience keeping the similarities with the original tv models (but always with some little customizations since the originals models are not really defined in any scene). I could put more effort and make more details and waste more hours with different reflections/textures and so on, but it is not necessary, if we were talking about other game, in which i can put the whole model in 3D in-game, that will be another story :)
Last edited by N3MES1S on Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:25 am

Here you go, the Biliskner finished ->

Now, i will start working on some modules before i start the next ship -
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:06 pm

They look pretty awesome so far in-game, even if as we know the game engine lowers the quality of the sprites -> specially the Beliskner

Last edited by N3MES1S on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:39 am

Work in progress - > Asgard Daniel Jackson class.

N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:35 pm

Daniel Jackson Finished ->

Now, im not aware of more Asgard canon ships. Im going to complete the "fleet" with 2 more totally new cruiser size ships.

Be aware, Asgard dont have fighters and in theory, they should not have frigates either. But since in the game there will be sometimes that you wont be able to use cruisers, the Asgard chariot (the last ship i will make) will be a "cruiser" but with the classification of "frigate" to be able to use it in some scenarios.

Return to “Gratuitous Modding”